Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My guild has lost a very good player !

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

some of us do not like arena pvp. It is cool for some, but its lame to others. All I am saying is be considerate. He is just stating that he brought people to the game and they are leaving. Structured pvp is one thing, but its not really the thing if you want open pvp. To each your own. Abydos kickstarted an open pvp full loot town that Lord British actually backed, and I did also, but with little to no open pvp in the world its hard to justify. Again, we all are here because of reasons, and some people are losing the reason to be here.

2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

You are my fellower dude ? I will continue to give feeback and talking about PvP.

I strongly suggest you stop being one of my following and add me to your ignore list or take your courage and come see me in the game, whit your PvP flag on of course. :)

If you think it's better Portalarium work on Halloween content than on PvP, I invite you to follow the thread about dance party and not the thread I create.

You have seen the R35-R38 schedule ?
    For your information, the game is now persistent, say to your good friends who do not play, that when they come back to the release, they will be so late in their character progression
    and they will not be able to PvP in SotA. They can simply go to all dance party disguised as a pumpkin :D

Bah, maybe it's okay for them, but unfortunately this is not the case with my friends....

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Nolove 0369 and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

The truth is in every game, but especially in early access there will always be a "Rise". There are a list of issues that have given a small number of individual players or groups of players a HUGE advantage over the other 99% of the player community (Pets (especially with control points) was in R32 was a huge issue for example). The developers have done a good job of catching these issues, fixing these issues, and responding to them in game. It is hard however to penalize players who play content as designed without using an exploit (they are not standing on a cliff avoiding damage which is an exploit), to gain significant experience.

As players we can proactively report anything we see that looks "to good to be true" including things that our friends and others are using to their specific advantage. I personally have reported multiple issues that were specifically fixed by the developers because of their imbalance.

In many cases players can tell right away via visual evidence or hearing about a great EXP area that something is not fair or is unbalanced, instead of using this unbalanced area to gain an advantage, tell the developers asap. Yes it does mean you can not or should not use these unbalanced areas yourself, but in doing so you will improve the experience for everyone.

Reporting issues is not like telling on some one at work or in school, it is more like reporting a safety issue which can impact a large number of people adversely.

Dwalin Bombardin, moko, Net and 2 others like this.
  4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Well said. Lazy people waiting to just receive everything done from beginning.

For them? its also OK for me and for a lot of us. You think all your needs are global, and you are sooo wrong with that statement,. but you will realize with time :). Now take it easy and have fun, with/out your friend.

Fortunately I'm gonna keep having fun with events (thanks to all those people working on events you have a better game), and doing pvp just when I want.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Soylent Green likes this.
  5. Engel

Engel Avatar

A world like Fel in old time of uo is a bad idea i remember after the launch of sp it was inpossible to go in dungeons the big guilds was there all the time the only way to go in was to pay a taxe ... or you pay or you dont go in and depending how happy was the guy .!
    When players take control of game the game is not so funny

The best can be a open war sometime ... i'm open to that

sorry for my English

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  6. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

I don't PvP, and I don't have any opinions for or against it. This is just a sincere question, to anyone: What is the objection to arena PvP?

7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

NOT THE FINAL RC?

when SOTA will be FINAL RC... PVP probably will be disappear totally...
    EVERY PLAYER ON SINGLE MODE

every week i see players stop to play because there is NO ONE to kill ...

AGAIN: FORCE MULTIPLAYER ON EVERY 3/4/5 SKULL SCENES
    AGAIN: FORCE MULTIPLAYER ON OVERWORLD MAP

REMOVE LOOT ON PLAYERS THAT WAS ATTACKED (this to prevent killing of miners to make loot)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.