My heraldry on multiple pieces of armor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikko, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I am finally starting to give my heraldry some serious thought. I have the special re-useable patterns for the heraldry plate mail and such. Obviously, I can make a single piece and wear it. This is awesome. I think this is one of the coolest things that Port has done in this game, actually.

I'm not understanding one part, however. Is it possible to create my heraldry on the Plate Heraldry armor, and then use that pattern on more than one piece of armor? I'd like to have a whole guild outfitted with a single crest. How does that work?

Can anyone chime in on this for me. It is the only part that I am not really understanding. If you currently can't create the heraldry on more than one chest plate piece at a time, that is a real shame.

Sara Dreygon and Woodchuck like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

One pattern is only usable on one piece.

Woodchuck likes this.
  3. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-patterns

You buy it.

Woodchuck likes this.
  4. Lained

Lained Avatar

The pledge reward items can be salvaged for an eternal pattern of each which then applied to a piece if armour apply your heraldry. Though you only have one set you also received patterns of each armour type that are one time use, it's not obvious that these patterns are in fact a stack of five. If you require more there's non-founder variants in the add-on store.

Woodchuck likes this.
  5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I complained about the 1 heraldry item limit here! :) —> https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/heraldry-1-item-limit.133426/

Sentinel2, Lazarus Long and Nikko like this.
  6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

In saying a "stack of five," you're only referring to the fact that I have one for each type of armor, right? I still can not create more than one set of plate mail with my heraldry unless I buy something from the store. Not sure I am understanding this correctly.

The whole point of heraldry is to have a "family" all wearing the sigil of my house. Why would only one person have heraldry for a house?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the stack of five are non-eternal patterns, but you also get eternal patterns by salvaging the founder heraldry armor.

8. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Nikko and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

No, you have one of each item that can be salvaged for an eternal pattern but you should also have a stack of five patterns for each type. I'd show a screenshot but I'm afk for a few more days. Check your bank rewards for heraldry patterns and see you can split each pattern type into five.

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

The “eternal” wording in the pattern name is somewhat of a misnomer...

The pattern exists forever, *but* you may only use an eternal pattern on one item at a time. You need to salvage an item that has the eternal pattern on it in order to free the eternal pattern for use on another different item (of the same type, mind you).

I will hold my tongue on how I feel about this, lol. :)

Lazarus Long likes this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You can create as many items bearing your heraldry as you have patterns, and there is no limit to the number of patterns you can obtain. Once applied, the item will display your heraldry until it is destroyed, has the pattern removed, or has another pattern applied.

You can put 1000 people in the same heraldry...

When you were granted the Heraldry Items to satisfy your Pledge Reward, you were given 2 pieces of each type of armor that can be salvaged for Eternal Patterns... That is 4 suits of armor right there. You were also granted stacks of 5 (non-eternal) patterns for each piece of each armor type... That's another 20 suits... So, with your Pledge Reward you can outfit 24 people in your device.

No, you cannot outfit an infinite number of people with your device for no cost... That was never promised.
    Yes, if you want more than that, you have to purchase more patterns.

And, there is sense to a single person wearing a particular device... My eagle will never be worn by anyone else.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Nikko and Lained like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Eternal relates to time, not quantity, so it's not misnamed.

Woodchuck likes this.
  13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Step right up, folks!

You can have your very own set of 27 personalized heraldry casks!

Yes — You!!

All for the low low price of $378!! :D

[​IMG]

Mishras, Lazarus Long and Barugon like this.
  14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Semantics. Sure, the pattern exists for all time. But without further context will the natural conclusion be that the pattern can be applied at most once (for any item at any given time)?

The point here is that the meaning of “pattern” is intrinsically meant to mean something used over and over. It does not naturally follow that such patterns are restricted to be used only for one item at a time.

15. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Eternal, in this regard, is this:

A regular pattern can be applied to one item. If another pattern is applied to that item (or you use a pattern remover purchased with RM), the original regular pattern applied is destroyed.

An eternal pattern is likewise applied to one and only one item at a time. Unlike the regular pattern, when a new pattern is applied, or a pattern remover used, on the item that has the eternal pattern, you get the eternal pattern back to use on another single item of your choice.

This is why the term "eternal" isn't a misnomer... it just doesn't work the way you might wish.

Barugon likes this.
  16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

What about when your son reaches the age, and charges into battle? Would he not wear the sigil? Perhaps it would be slightly different for him...

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Yes yes. The fine print that i did not care to read.

It’s an ingenious money making mechanism.

Is it fair? Is it reasonable?

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No... Not in traditional European Heraldry. If my progeny were to bear a resemblance of my arms, they would be differentiated with a Mark of Cadency.
    The Only One entitled to wear My Arms is Me.

[​IMG]

Nikko, Oakenhammer and Alley Oop like this.
  19. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Nope. I dislike it a bunch.

And then they completely removed the "value" of the reward by making the same thing available for a fee to everyone, when they could have actually approached this over the YEARS between the time the COA started helping create the extensive list of arms and the month before launch, and added something to the game that duplicated their efforts, and then added what we have now (glorified guild crest creator), and provided that functionality at a fee in the store to help provide lower cost guild arms.

Something Port is having a problem with: Figuring out how to price store items in a way that would improve access to the items across the board, while actually increasing the income provided by the store, because a much greater crowd could afford them.

Woodchuck likes this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Completely... There was no deception, the requisite information was available.
    The answer to this question will vary from person to person... Value is Subjective.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.