Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My positive thoughts about R5

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Eriador, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaynith Stormcaster

Kaynith Stormcaster Avatar

Even with candles on every other bookcase, torches all around, and braziers I still could barely see my hand in front of my face at my Wizard Tower come dark. Dark is FAR too dark atm, in my opinion. heck, I almost fell off the wooden stairs of the portal on the 2nd story, it was so dark I couldn't see them! And that's with candles on either side of the entrance!

I absolutely agree. I was using my torch 90%+ of the time instead of my shield, because I couldn't see at all otherwise. Even with the torch, I could hardly see. I'd actually come into Southmarsh, on the road, and still manage to not find my house half the time. Let me repeat that. On the road. That's how dark it was, that I couldn't discern the road from the rest of the area around it. And that's with brightness cranked all the way up on the monitor. Too dark. Way too dark. Let those who like uber dark have an option to keep it uber dark for them. But don't make the rest of the people who do not like the dark, suffer. More options are always good.

Positives: I did enjoy the 'mist' before it got too dark to see anything though. If things were lightened up a bit, and there was this misty feel, it would be creepy, yet fun.

Eriador likes this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

The mist was definitely a big improvement to the scenes where I noticed it especially kingsport harbor.

I can imagine different types of particle / mists effects used well would be awesome.

I've never really seen fog used that well in a modern RPG, well not one where I own a house lol.

I love fog and rain and things. Oh I want weather so bad already.

Lyran, Khloec, Eriador and 1 other person like this.
  3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Kingsport with the new mist is totally vip!

4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Speaking of environmental factors , I am looking forward to SOTA's environment becoming an immersive component in an adventurer's daily travels & combat. Maybe my Water spells get stronger near bodies of water or near the seacost & weaker when in the desert. The Moon/Lunar spells already have a hint of this in the Moon Eater & Moon Worship innate magics.

Or maybe archery isn't a good idea when there is a strong wind blowing, or you get tired faster in heavy armor under the blazing sun. Stuff like that.

Time Lord, tradyblix, Lyran and 4 others like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's actually a very good idea. Destructible walls of trees! But you need a special tool to punch threw them, like a machete. So if you're a full-time Ranger, you'll probably have one of those, if you're just out adventuring and end up in the woods, you won't. Plus, you'll have to know where those exits and secrete entrances exit too. So now you can take short cuts, but it's fun because it requires a tool and knowledge of where they exist in the game.

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I wish change my tool or Porsperity for that. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.