Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

my release 39 feedback

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Bubonic, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Started game.

Waited a really long time (5+ minutes) for game to load

Logged into my home town. Walked over to my own lot. Waited 3-4 minutes standing there in front of empty lot for my lot decorations to load. Ran around a bit. Lag was horrible.

Noticed my cloak was essentially ripped in half, with each side of the bottom sticking to the back of each prospective leg as I ran around.

Logged off.

Tried to force close the program for about 4-5 minutes as my computer locked up.

:(

Kaisa and Leelu like this.
  2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Did you try launching a second time?

Leelu likes this.
  3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

when it's time to log off, the best way is to open task manager, go to the Details tab, select Shroud of the Avatar.exe and end task.

It will close instantly if you do it this way, just make sure you don't try and 'quit' the game as normal first, or it will take a while.

To speed things up, keep task manager pinned to the taskbar.

Leelu likes this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Pretty much goes for anything and everything thats freezing or semi freezing.

Leelu likes this.
  5. 3devious

3devious Avatar

In R38 I updated my Windows 10 Insider build that was the creator's update. It would not patch properly and I had to roll back to a previous installation of the insider build. After that I started getting these errors for my video card. SoTA used to freeze even in single player offline mode. There was another patch to the insider build of Windows 10 creators update and the freezing problems stopped. I can even play in single player offline.

I did put myself on the aggressive release schedule do if there's a problem I will probably have it first. Yet I am afraid to play on the QA server...

The only reason I mention all of this @Bubonic is because as a 3D modeling person I know you tweak stuff so I wanted to give you as much info as possible. This is where you tell me that you're using a Mac and I end up feeling really stupid. ;)

Leelu likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I did get the point of the OP was that progress he wanted to see was not yet there. He will be back ;).

Barugon likes this.
  7. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I'm talking about doing that before it starts freezing or semi freezing. Just do it to exit the game every time.

My windows 10 machine doesn't have any problems quitting the game normally, but that's what I have to do on my windows 8 machine every time or it's as the OP described.

8. Womby

Womby Avatar

Here are the system requirements for SotA as listed on Steam:

• MINIMUM:
      • Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
      • DirectX: Version 10
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 22 GB available space

• RECOMMENDED:
      • Processor: Quad Core Processor 2.4GHz or faster
      • Memory: 12 GB RAM
      • Graphics: DirectX11 Compatible AMD Radeon R9 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 22 GB available space
      • Additional Notes: Performance significantly improved with an SSD
    The recommended memory (12GB) is less than is currently required for a satisfactory experience. I have heard unofficially that this is due to a temporary work around that had to be introduced when an upgrade to a later release of Unity encountered problems. This situation is expected to be resolved with or before R40.

It is my personal opinion that the stated minimum requirements are more aspirational than actual.

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

Yep confirmed, same kind of problems here. Seems the load times in the newest release are much longer. My connection also times out sometimes now, never had this time out problem before, what has changed? My system specs easily beat the recommended requirement..

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

People always get upset when I show up in threads like this and say I dont have any issues with my client. Im still zoning into big cities like Adoris in 20 seconds. I still load the decorations in seconds after getting into a zone. Im having no issue. I went to Ect city the other day and its the first zone in months I ever walked in and had some video lag (whats up with that zone?), I dont even get that at my house in central Brit any longer. I dont think I have ever disconnected from the game and Im 2000+ miles from the server (sounds like an internet issue (router/network).

However, back late last summer, I did a release patch that broke my SOTA install, I did everything on my computer I could and what fixed it was a reinstall of Win10. This was a unity patch and I think my rig got messed up by the QA patch more then anything. It would take my lot 2 minutes to load and let me walk on to it. After reinstall, everything worked perfectly.

What I am seeing in R39 this weekend is hitching is back for me for the first time in 6 months and it gets worse the longer the client is open so they do clearly have some memory issues. If your rig is marginal, you are probably effected much worse. I've also noticed that my client went from exiting in a few seconds to 10-20-30 seconds as well, worse when its been up a long time.

uhop and Bow Vale like this.
  11. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I get the bank open timeout first time I try to access it in a city. For lot deco loading... are you on a laptop/pc with both an integrated graphics card and an nvidia graphics card? If so, check to make sure your system is using the right one (nvidia) for the game. Otherwise... I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.