My Release Feedback R65

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I realize it was mostly a Polish release, and to be honest Im cool with that decision esp considering your about about to do A massive recapture campaign in addition to a marketing campaign. A+ on those two ideas.

Resizing Deco - I was gonna give this a D but damn I fell in love with it u get a A+

Dungeons - u get a C- u nerfed my kobald xp and tier 4-5-6 totems risk vrs reward is working backwards harder stuff is less rewarding than lower totems vrs time to kill. I can slaughter the lower tier stuff and do better with less gear damage and deaths. the high tier stuff is way to magic resistant. and I would have like more rooms than just 3. Its possible patching will improve my score here. also most the time when I go in dungeon my mobs are npc's I cant even fight them.

Performance - B+ I do notice some performance increase thanks.

Shared xp cool me likes A

Some of the rewards turned out better than expected gonna say B

If we capture new accounts because of this release ill move everything to A+++++ that to me is the most important grade possible here.

overall im gonna say A realy good release! but fix my damn dungeons :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  2. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

Oh really? That's great!
    Where can I read about it? Perhaps I'll show it to some friends who left to entice them back.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Chris on his stream yesterday mentioned it.

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

A relaunch, or big marketing push is also news to me, I hope this is the case.

Astirian and Brass Knuckles like this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Can you remember any specifics BN?

6. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

Well considering Chris also said he would play through all of the starter quests to find the bugs, I'll believe it when I see it. He has still yet to do that.
    I was even off work one day when he said he would do some quests and I was going to point out to him on his stream when he came across a bug I saw while on the same quest, but he decided to go to a fishing party or something else.

Jaesun, FrostII and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

As far as I remeber Chris said that they will e.g. mass-mail everyone who has not played SotA for a certain time. I think he was talking about 150 000 (?) mails they will send this way in a different format than the usual info mails we receive.

Helverian and Steevodeevo like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Also mentioned increased advertising campaign, idk u’ll have to go back and watch his streams too many to point to sorry.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Can somebody please get me a "KKKKKKAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNN" gif and switch Kahn with Chris?
    Thank you...... -.-

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Hillt likes this.
  10. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

The release emails don't go to all players? WTH?

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Mh? Of course they do. But that's something different than a "Hey come back and give it another shot" special e-mail. Like the play wow 30 days for free if you return now and what not.

Helverian and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  12. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Well, the game is free. I hope they do offer them something to come back like an in-game incentive to hopefully entice them. If those emails have always gone out to everyone on the list (as they should have), they sure as hell do not do the trick.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well as to the big marketing campaign I am skeptical for one reason. What to include in that marketing campaign? The game has recently under-gone a lot of updates and quality of life changes that for some were game changers. Are these going to be mentioned in this campaign? Many players left because of some of them. I am hoping we will capitalize on telling of the improvements that have made a lot of difference to playing this game. Imo we are not quite there yet. There are some things that will push us over the top but first we need to get those. Ok so I will talk about it myself ;)

FrostII likes this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Great idea free row lot gets my vote!

See the current population trends I’m not sure waiting any longer is a good idea.

15. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

True, but it sounds like Brass said Chris mentioned something more substantial.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  16. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Apparently they pruned the mailing list from all past players etc for those that hadn't opened their mails in a long time as mailchimp fees were large. This is a recapture campaign going out to all these past players and backers on the back of a strong release performance wise and many quality of life fixes over the last year or so. I think he said hundreds of thousands of recipients.

17. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

Oh that's not good. I thought they had money for advertising now that they went nomadic. Perhaps not the money for a real marketing campaign, but the emails should help some. I'm sure if they are older players that a row lot deed won't be worth enticing them. I'm sure most of the empty lots around were once their anyways. Maybe free pets or xp would be better. Just thinking out loud.

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Standard update e-mails never do the trick. Just think about how many 08/15 mails you are getting every single day and delet them without reading ^^

Hillt likes this.
  19. Daemond

Daemond Avatar

I love SotA. I was an Ultima Online die-hard fan for many years and I addicted many friends to the game. I was in the crowd the day Lord British was assassinated.

But, have any of you tried starting a new character after the release of R65? I've not tested the Blood River Outskirts or the Highvale Outskirts but every quest in Solace Bridge Outskirts is broken. NPCs give out quests but will not accept the quest item. The most important Solace Bridge Outskirts quest is the Virtue Armor quest on the farm and it's broken. I've noticed bug posts regarding the other beginning areas but as I mentioned, I've not tested them yet.

If you want to attract players don't you want the beginning areas to work?

20. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

I noticed some, but they did fix the Soltown one that had hung me up for the longest time. Like you said, the ones I noticed already had bug reports put in so I figured they would get to them eventually. I may try going further this weekend when I get time. I think they want to attract older players who have left, so they probably already completed all of the starter quests. It might not affect them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.