My solution to death penalties and Decay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by disorder, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disorder

disorder Avatar

So this has been a hot topic lately, and something I am fairly passionate about, so I have been thinking a lot about it...

Why not just copy my favorite game series of all time, Dark Souls.

You die, you lose a large chunk of XP, lets say for example, all the XP you have earnt in the last hour... Maybe even all Unspent XP... but.. It is left on your corpse. When you recover your corpse, you re-gain all the lost XP. If you die again before you manage to retrieve your corpse, the XP is lost...

Corpse recovery has been an element of almost all my favorite games. I think it makes sense.

But maybe I've had a drink or two tonight as well..

Thoughts?

Dhanas, Net, Vermine and 2 others like this.
  2. Dirty Deeds

Dirty Deeds Avatar

I could buy into that, deaths when u first log in will be less painful but it does not punish casual play. Id even go for 50% of the xp you earned in the last hour of play.

Propagandalf likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This could work to incentivize people to at least prepare and think about what they're going to do without being too punishing. I like it.

4. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I could support the Dark Souls method if we fully implement a similar method. You die three times your character is lost forever and you have to start over.

Due to lag, glitching, disconnects you have an option to pay for an investigation by the Developers to determine if your death was due to a system error or your own lack of diligence and care.

COSTS:
    Death Investigation 1: 2000 COTO
    Death Investigation 2: 4000 COTO
    Death Investigation 3: 8000 COTO

If the death is determined to not be your fault, half of the COTOs are refunded.

Xeng likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.