Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My thoughts on the new user experience

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Twiggi Fizzlesticks, May 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twiggi Fizzlesticks

Twiggi Fizzlesticks Avatar

Here are a number of issues that I have come across:

1)
    When you first start the game, the help text in the middle of the screen says to look to left side for what to do.
    One of the items mentions a 'Left click to talk'
    Left clicking Arabella will actually start a conversation. This may be confusing as everyone else you talk to requires a double click

2) The default colors and opaqueness of chat dialog is not ideal right at the start. Its hard to read brown text ontop of the grass.

3) When passing the book on lectern, the phrase is a little awkard.

How about. "There is a book on the lectern to your left. Drag it onto you to take it."

4) A lot of the oracle tests have awkward wording or poor grammar

a)
    b)
    c) This one is fine, but wondering why in the other questions 'What would you do is in phrase as opposed to its own sentence. Might be slighlty better to be consistent

5) Minor suggestion. Not necessary but if you leave burning building in solace bridge without noticing charlotte, maybe give another cry outside. (if you loot the body and immediately go outside you wont get another cry from her)

6) When Edvard tell you to get bow, the help text tells you to double click the weapons rack.
    This pick up the bow and equip it. Perhap this is a good time to teach the player about equiping weapons, and instead the the bow goes in inventory and help message tells player how to equip

7) Edvard starts fighting really quickly after you say you are ready. How about slowing down, and having help text explain combat a littl before goingn in
    I missed the message about using the '1' button for the special skill

8)

When fighting with Edvard, often when clicking the zombies, skeletons, if the mob was too close to Edvard, I would not attack.

9) After all the fighting on the bridge, I actually took a few minutes to look things up and wrtite some things down. Most of the mob bodies had decayed, so I missed out on some gold/loot that would be useful at this stage of the game
    Can body decay be disabled for these intro scenes

10) And speaking of loot. I know there is one task to loot one enemy body. One nice thing might be to have the last mob be a different unit with a special item drop.
    The task from edvard would be to loot the commander (as he might have something valuable).. The purpose of this item will then be to learn how to sell items to vendors in the solace brige outskirts scenes

11)Solace bridge outskirts.
    This is a mess. And I know this has been said by many people, but here are my 2 cents:

your are sent to Eleta to fish, but she sends you back to trainer. If you have enough gold, you can train fishing (of course the one time I didnt loot all bodies, I had no gold to train).
    Even if you do train, you can't use the skill if you haven't figured out how to use the utility bar. THere is someone who lets you do the utility bar, but its so immersion breaking to hear about an npc talk about a utlitiy bar.

Some thoughts on this.
    Why not have both utility and combat bar from beginning?
    Or give the utility bar when you arrive in solace bridge outskirts. You have a several minutes to give help text that explains the difference in utility and combat bars while walking up the hill

Have Kinsey initially send you to a vendor to learn about selling with the item you looted from the last mob in solace bridgee

Then have kinsey send you to combat trainer to tell you about combat skills and about dragging combat skills to utility bar. Again perhaps dont have the npc talk about combat bar, but use help text

The have Kinsey send you to a craft trainer to learn the fishing skill to help Eleta
    Then have the player go to Eleta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.