Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My top 4 anoying things r38

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Brass Knuckles, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Before I start there is more I like than dislike in r38. (So hold the flames)

1. Long zone in times.
    2. Healing grace blinds me (bright visuals)
    3. While shooting a target if something runs past or near it my target shifts to new mob.
    4. Auto shot still breaks mez.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have the tab key set to "Next Target" but I have to press it many times before it will lock the mob that's actually attacking me. :mad:

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You hit the nail on the head, @Barugon
    "Next Target" is supposed to begin at you and move out. It has been reported in past releases as NOT working as described, but they have not yet fixed it.
    Very frustrating that the VERY LAST health bar that comes up with "Next Target" is the mob in your face, and as a melee player - that's the only one you really care about.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Barugon like this.
  4. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Hit Escape to get the mob hitting you. As soon as it hits you it becomes your target.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

The Product keeps getting better but
    just too many frames for me.
    the game is too slow and too much navigation. [ in the south we like to sit on the tailgate and shoot birds]
    we should develop some type of polar orbit, so the days are longer like 3 times long than night. your handicapping your best product, daytime.
    the game just doesn't feel fluid. It doesn't feel like it has a sense of purpose.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I see this stuff getting better and better, but I also notice the smaller dev team and taking a while to do stuff.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  7. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

The Game looks great, it improves every time I check in. I absolutely hate the AI and how it calculates things it should Not know.. Items That I collect seem unimportant, it doesn't have the feel, the sense of value to it I would like to see it have. I seem to be required to carry to many objects in my pack back. I need to look that over over again to make sure I am not misspeaking. I hardly ever use my house, we need 100% full range recalls ability, and they are wrong for thinking otherwise. my house is so small the fireplace takes up on 1/3 of the outside wall; its just to cramped as if almost they did that on purpose. Kinda raw about that. in contrast, Id rather have a small sandstone patio house than the one I have now. it is rather insulting to the senses.

Gix and Sara Dreygon like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes it will take you a little bit to get the feel and remember basements are fairly cheap, not sure what size of house you have, but we could have this size of home and no basements. ;)
    [​IMG]
    It took me 2 years to get this house and I was so thrilled to have it. In this game unless they changed it, trunks stack but chests don't well didn't last I checked. And it will take you a moment to get things figured out so no hurry on knowing how it all has to be. ;) I'm not home a lot, but I have my moments with the garden or chatting with someone in game, playing some music or making some sheet music, or doing some organizing, crafting, or whatever. And you can pretty much teleport as much as you want, you can always recall home, just make sure to bind to your home and drag your scrolls to your non combat bar. You can also teleport to others if you need, make sure you have friends on your list for that tho.;) This game takes a moment to get the feel of it as most games and to know what you want to do, what you want to keep, and what you want to carry and what you want to do and where you want to go. Since it is still in development things will change here and there so fyi. And thanks for your list of annoyances from what you see so far. I am Majoria in game and I'd be happy to help anytime. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Always nice to see those old UO screen shots, especially from the late 90's. Makes me feel nostalgic.

10. Myrradah

Myrradah Avatar

1) Line of site is FUBAR - Line of site issues I think, Soemtimes works right sometimes doesnt and having to click a target or getting on top of a mob to actually be able to target it,
    2) Fizzle is obnoxious - Failed 3-6 times before succeeding even with a 80% chance and not moving
    3) Clicking or hitting a hot key to activate a skill make my view spin - usually bottom up look at my character and they sometimes dont activate.
    4) My stuns or something arent working as well and im taking a lot more damage these days. By making these harder and harder you are taking away the fun for a new player which we all hope we have one day soon.

11. mass

mass Avatar

I assume you're talking about a row house? Try the crafted greenhouse rowhouse -- no fireplace! I put a table where the fireplace used to be :p

Marcus Antoninus likes this.
  12. Gix

Gix Avatar

1. The requirement to be in a party to do anything cooperative.
    2. Combat AI aggroing in overwhelming groups with no way of thinning down the group.
    3. Having the door close on you immediately after you spoke to the Oracle.
    4. Not being able to teach NPCs any manners.

Marcus Antoninus likes this.
  13. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

all this games seems to do is make me Jones for the old days of U.O

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  14. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

They need to migrate the over world and the gated theme parks as i now see them as one thing so you dont notice the difference. The over world is a horrible idea, it is basically an interactive map, not really a new idea or adds anything to the game, it is just window dressing at this point but it looks Super nice. :cool:

15. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

we should be able to run down the road on the over world map and hunt and gather and chat without noticing any immersion differences, we should be able to enter into gate area's and cities just as we did in U.O with out ever leaving the immersion. maybe that is in the works later on, but all i know there is no reason for the limited ability to zoom in to the normal ground level when you use the over world, we know it can be done because i see it when a city building is blocking the camera, the camera zooms right in on me. so, why all the "hocus pocus" Im not sure... maybe they are all on different Hdrives and have move it all to one, dunno im no programmer, all I can do is sit out here in the peanut gallery like the rest.

16. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Sorry to dissapoint you, but the overworld will never go away. In fact, it's a big part of the game and I'm sure they will add more features to the overwold in the future.

17. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Yeah It look Super Nice, I just like to stand on a hill and gaze out into the sky and ponder the meaning of this Game.

18. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

1. Fizzle increase on all spells.
    2. Melee combat is off - more misses and less damage.
    3. More thugs going after me.
    4. Still cannot figure out Vauban Pass - have to wait till next QA time cause decay stinks.
    5. The Hills Siege - catapults are deadly accurate like getting hit with an RPG.

19. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Welcome to SotA. The overworld have been with us for ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.