Mysterious countdown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yinki2, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

@Berek

I'm operatating from hong kong. can I use the Russian client to sign into the main server using my already established sota account?

if I cant, then why not? if they are connecting to the same mother server, what's the issue? this would reduce my delay by a huge factor .

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I don't believe there will be a separate client, simply a choice of languages in the current client.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They're just creating professional translation, as opposed to the crowd-sourced ones that we have in-progress for other languages. And probably some other services in relation to making it easier for Russians to get accounts.

[​IMG]

It's literally the same server, I don't see how you would have any different delay at all.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

if it's the same client, how is it going to be localized?

I want to connect to This localized version, I constantly play with 450 ms when grouped with a uk or states player

5. Browncoat Jayson

[​IMG]

Sorthious and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

You really dont understand what localized means, so please stop responding.

This is more then just a translation, 100% they will have a different login format.

@Berek , please reply when you have the time

7. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

dont see how it could help your ping times tho. If that friend from the uk hosts a sceene and your still at your same location why would anything change?

Cream2 and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

uk / russia is much closer then usa

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

There is no need to be rude to people trying to help you.

Instead we have a language issue here, you are mixing two different concepts which is why you are getting the answers you are getting.

1. Localization
    2. Latency

Which means that it wasn't the one trying to help that didn't understand but rather that the question was imprecise enough to garner the correct answer but to the wrong question.

Regarding: 1 Localization.
    Here you got the correct answer from @Browncoat Jayson , the localization for the Russian market is mainly getting the local publisher Black Sun to publish a sales pitch site in Russian and getting the game translated into Russian. So to get access to that localization you can buy from the russian site and you can use the language option to select russian language.
    However: they are not on their own server. From DarkStarr "All one server and all the same pricing."
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ysterious-countdown.101602/page-2#post-888172
    So they don't have any better access point to the game than anyone else.

Which brings us over to the other concept.

Regarding: 2 Latency.​

Network latency is what is giving you that 450ms delay. Now there are two parts to the latency in this game:
    A) Server
    B) Scene host/master

For the A) Server side, then it is the same server for everyone regardless of where they are located in the world. The whole business concept is built around this so don't expect a change to that.
    When the Server makes the difference is when you are doing things that affect others or the game state. Things like Attacks, Damage, XP, Loot, etc.
    Since we are all on the same server then your server latency will not change with the Black Sun partnership (or Travian).
    So for things like when you have killed a monster and click to Loot it, then everyone except for those living in Austin, Texas will experience server latency since the Loot table etc are server side. Which makes me really envious when I watch US streamers and one can see them load things like Vendor Lists in an instant.
    Please note that in the future there might be changes where you could have dedicated gateways speeding up traffic to the server from specific regions - but we are not even close to that point yet and we have heard nothing such planned.

For the B) side this you can actually affect yourself. The scene and movements and such requires your client to communicate with the host client which is another player's machine. (Client-to-client distribution). Unfortunately the more players in the scene the higher the latency from that host client will be since most gaming rigs are not built as servers.
    So if you have a lot of latency issues "when grouped with a uk or states player" then that is most likely host latency between your client and theirs. That will not be affected by Black Sun (or Travian) localization. Instead the only way to affect that is through, in Friends mode, letting the client with the best internet up-load speed lead the way into the scenes so that they become host/master.

BUT since the number of players matter, AND since the 'ping' distance between the clients matter then what you can actually do which would make the largest difference regarding your 450ms delay; befriend the russians/asians coming in, then group with them and play in Friends Online mode. That way you limit the host latency since the clients are closer. Which is a sad thing for you and me since most players are in the US.

You can also check your ISP contract and check how your up-load speed is versus your download speed. This since you as one of the clients will also affect the performance and most ISP usually provide a much higher downlaod than upload.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  10. Browncoat Jayson

There are no localized servers, but the client will have localized translations. They have been very consistent on that message.

Rentier and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.