Narrated and Orchestrated Tale: Something Different -- (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Holt, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holt

Holt Avatar

I decided to do something a little different, and when I was done writing and editing (and editing and editing) the chilling tale of Holt's misadventure in the Underworld, I narrated it and put it to music. My hope is that some of you will do the same! (It's pretty easy, I used Ableton Live, but you could use Garageband or whatever free programs are kicking around.)

http://soundcloud.com/pwnmusic/forgotten-secret

"Follow Grandmaster Bard Holt Ironfell and his most trusted friends as they escape a world where the villains have already won, in order to protect a dangerous secret. Stepping through an ancient and hidden moongate, they end up lost in a vast and foreign Underworld, only to encounter a horrifying evil of the depths."

A short bit of epic storytelling for fans of Shroud of the Avatar.

I know you will enjoy!

-Holt Ironfell

2. Ember

Ember Avatar

Fantastic idea, Holt! *listens to your story*

I left a comment on Soundcloud but it is worth repeating here: "I very much enjoyed your character intros leading up to the epic tale that followed. The music really moved the story along beautifully." I want to comment on specifics (like 'oooh cool monster.. I feel like I've fought him in WoW before' *wink* not that there's anything wrong with that, I assure you) but I don't want to spoil the tale for anyone else! It was truly EPIC. And now I know a li'l bit about Holt. :3 Is this a how you came to [Insert-whatever-New-Britannia/SotA-land-will-be-called]?

Also, I'm not much of a writer but I'd definitely like to try my hand at this method of storytelling sometime! *adds to her ever growing to-do list* Great job!

3. Holt

Holt Avatar

"Is this a how you came to [Insert-whatever-New-Britannia/SotA-land-will-be-called]?"

It is!

I hadn't thought of Warcraft while writing, but I was thinking along the lines of a beholder/reaper/gibbering mouther ... classic dungeons and dragons denizens of the Underworld. An Old God though, that it could be.

"I?d definitely like to try my hand at this method of storytelling sometime! "

Please do! I was going to write out my notes I took on writing structure and characters and such and share them with everyone. Reading about writing helped me a lot, I know Tracy Hickman teaches that kind of stuff and it is so great to know.

I have another tale in the works, a side tale from this one, following Jobi Mockery from the moment he takes off into the darkness.

4. Bartec

Bartec Avatar

Very very captivating story, it blew my mind, for lack of words, to what I felt when listening to your story. Thank you so much.

5. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

Neat stuff. Enjoyed listening to it.

6. Holt

Holt Avatar

Thanks! I'll definitely do more.

7. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Incredible! =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.