(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Mac and someone yesterday were saying that only 3 things are affected by Adv.Lvl. : HP, Focus and Carry Weight, the last one surprised me!

Now some things that get affected by secondary effect is HP and focus regen, which is a % of your max, so the higher your max, the higher your regen.

But apart from that, it wont offer any other benefit. A lvl 90 with skills thought out in advance vs a lvl 100 who spread all his exp equally, the Lvl 90 will have a WAY easier time, even though he is low level.

Mac2 and Mishikal like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Atos says the bug with blind will be fixed in the next patch.

Barugon, Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If anyone watches Chris' stream, please ask him about the bugs with charging skills.

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I did, he just made a JIRA and assigned it to himself. I also gave him the info on the failure to reset during cooldown as well.

Mac2, Jaesun, Sara Dreygon and 2 others like this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

My issue is not with where the keys are, it's the dexterity involved. I've been spoiled by console controllers for too many years. I haven't gamed on a PC since Morrowind, and if not for that, it'd go all the way back to Ultima IX. I only bought a gaming rig because after all the bugs in Skyrim, I wanted to be able to use mods to get the unofficial patches for Fallout 4 when that eventually came out. (So, of course, Fallout 4 supports mods on consoles. You're all welcome.)

I do okay with mouse movement (which is how I played Morrowind... come to think of it, even in my PC days I never used WASD) so I think If I could get at least W and S on the mouse, I'd probably be okay using Free Attack. I use it now in fights that don't rely as much on movement, but for most bosses I just don't have the dexterity to WASD.

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Seriously, the amount of HP/focus you gain with each Adv. Level (maybe Carry Weight... as per Mac's input) none-the-less is a minuscule gain & not a game-changer.
    Especially if you are using transient buffs & necklaces to achieve those few extra points.

For a lot of players, predominantly Lower Level players, using the false Adv. Level Buffs, give a false sense of security, in thinking that was a Yellow Mob yesterday, is a Green Mob, today after buffing, without the "game-expected" skills increase, to actually deal with these newly Green/Easier Mobs.

Violette Dyonisys and Mishikal like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Barugon also, he made the attentuation bug Lord Subleton's #1 priority.

Mac2, Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks!

Mac2, Sara Dreygon and Mishikal like this.
  9. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I am pretty sure that Chris said during one of his streams, that he would increase the heat timer on certain glyphs/skills?

10. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Mac2 likes this.
  11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

That's a different issue. There's two issues with stacking right now. a) 5 stack and 6 stack are equivalent, b) HEAT reset isn't functioning correctly.

Vaiden Luro, Mac2, Dhanas and 2 others like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Separate issue.

13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

That's not the reported issue though. ;)

Mac2, Jaesun and Sara Dreygon like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem I had with doing this is that charging glyphs by holding a hotkey and trying to move was very dificult.

Mac2 and Mishikal like this.
  15. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Ooops, sorry My Bad...
    I obviously interpreted this issue wrongly. :(
    I seriously am "not all over" the changes that happen in-game & assumed that what I heard, was the current issue players were experiencing.
    My apologies :) I truly wish I was more techy & understood all of the changes that occur.

*bows out of the conversation*

Mishikal likes this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Guess it really comes up to each person's left hand dexterity! I love playing games that are left hand intensive, Black Desert Online comes to mind where it almost feels like an MMO with a Mortal Combat style of combat, where you execute different attacks depending on the directional key you are pressing, combined with a different key or click from your mouse. I even bought a mechanical keyboard simply so that my aggressive combat style would feel even more satisfying.

All in all, no method is the actual best one, depends on each person, I simply wanted to point out how without a numberpad on a mouse I can play this game!

17. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Most of the time, I have a hotkey for at least 1 slot in my deck for glyphs that I frequently charge. When the key is pressed, if the key state is up, the key state changes to down, and if the key state is down, it changes to up. That makes it easy to run around and jump while charging.

Mac2, Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I wonder if there's a way to do that in Linux.

19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't know enough about linux to answer that well, but I'm very sure there are multiple ways to at least detect key state.

20. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

So, now that we have an action plan to fix the archery charged shot thing , we can focus on the balancing of the fire tree. I think Chris had said he had always intended that Ring of Fire only effect 8 mobs and not an entire room. I have always thought that ring of fire was way over powered. @Chris , Is that still the plan? In an effort to keep damage balanced, if we are going to tone done the single target damage, we should probably do the same thing and fix the glitch on the AOE /DoT problems. @Chris seemed to take care of the issues with meteor storm a while back. When can we expect the rebalance to happen to fire?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.