Need calrification on gold-bought lot deed after final wipe

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Faenauriel Erulisse, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faenauriel Erulisse

Faenauriel Erulisse Avatar

So i am very confused about what i have heard and i need some clarification.

I was told after final wipe we will not any longer be able to buy deeds for lots with in game gold, OR they will be exorbitantly expensive and extremely limited. For a regular new player coming into the game who has not had a pledge it will be almost impossible for them to get a house. is this true?

Josh Randall and Time Lord like this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Deeds for lots in NPC towns indeed are limited. When they run out, no they will not be available for in game gold. However, I think I recall news that 30 percent of the lot deeds sold in pledges and available in the add on store would be available for purchase in game at launch. When they run out, additional deeds are made available in the add on store for player-owned towns only lots.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Faenauriel Erulisse

ok so buying deeds from the NPC in game will be gone?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. agra

agra Avatar

Anything bought in-game will be gone.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Faenauriel Erulisse

I feel like you guys are not understanding my question. right now there is an NPC named real estate agent or something like that. we can pay him gold for homes and deeds. after final wipe, a new player who has no pledge can or cannot buy a deed with gold from this NPC?

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I don't think the current price would be final, but you should be still able to buy lot deeds with ingame gold after the wipe. They will probably be limited in number and likely difficult to find free plots once all the pledge holders have claimed.

Time Lord and Cassandra Corax like this.
  7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

You can, until they run out.

Time Lord, Lord Barugon and Maka like this.
  8. Faenauriel Erulisse

ok thank you

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They are going to be very limited and most likely very expensive. As for lots there will be plenty of space it just might not be in a high travel area, of course you can always move into a POT, but there will be plenty of places to live once you can afford a house. Remember those lot will also require daily taxes to keep the house maintained.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

From my understanding of it, there will still be deeds for sale always, but lots space will be limited. From what they said in the telethon there would be 30% more lots available at final wipe then was pledges/POTs/ad-on lots were sold. This means you can buy deeds but not have anywhere to place it once all the lots are gone.

11. Faenauriel Erulisse

I'm just worried that this is turning out to be a game only for rich people who have hundreds and thousands of us dollars to spend. What happens when the game goes live? how will the "average" person be able to play and enjoy all of these things? I expected to be able to at least be able to afford a village lot with gold once I got going and yes pay the taxes on, but the taxes currently aren't horrible. it seems sustainable.

I have been trying to sell my pledge because of some money issues and now I am worried without it i won't be able to enjoy the game as i had intended with farming and cooking and other crafting, as well as having a home to decorate and roleplay in.

12. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Just like with other games that have housing, the big ones are hard to get, but the small ones are always for sale with in-game gold.

For new players that start from the bottom will work their way up to be able to afford to own a house, and with new lands/towns/cities opening up in the future there will be more lots available.

13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

There will be 30% available lots, above what is sold in deeds... So, 30% will be sold until they are all full, a new player would then need to wait until ep 2 for more land to open up or buy an existing lot deed from a willing player... and I think POT lot deeds will continue until they're sold out too...

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Faenauriel Erulisse

This is exactly what i assumed and hoped. But i was told by in game players that this is not the case, insisting nothing would be sold for gold and you were just plain out of luck. So naturally this had me kind of freaked out and i needed some clarifying. I hope you are right and this will set my mind at ease. I really hope this is truth and thank you so much for this if it is.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Indeed and not to forget there will always be someone who default on their taxes and a new lot will then be freed up. I think the company introduced taxes so it will not end up like UO is now that there are hundreds of houses but no one is playing but keeping their subscription active. This way we will always see lots become available when players stop actively playing

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you are worried about lots being avail - don't

As of this time, when you add the POTs, there are more than 2x, yes more than twice the needed land space for all, yes ALL the lot deeds already accounted for.

So actually placing a house will not, repeat will not, be hard. True you may not find the land in a well traveled place, or might even want to place your lot in a POT but there will , repeat will, be more than enough space to place a house.

The thing that might be difficult is the actual lot deed :)

Do not , repeat do not. mistake the lot deed for avail land space, there will be more than enough land space.

And in the end if for some reason there is not space any place you want drop me a line :)

17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think that the confusion is a real one since there are a lot of conflicting messages.

However if you want a better answer then let's go to the source instead of players' interpretations, this is how it was planned from kickstarter:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts/434752
    So big "THINGS MIGHT CHANGE, but..." stickers, but their plan was to not have them sell for X amount of gold from NPCs.
    But still that there would be an exact amount of deeds sold by the game for gold in each Episode using some other mechanism, like lottery or auctions.
    Also that since the number of deeds are fixed and known in each Episode, they would be sprinkled out over the expected 'life' of that Episode - to prevent everything being taken early on.

Now if we check out the latest statements on lots from Starr, then even if some of the plans have changed (like the new POT deeds) they affirm those early plans.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=57792
    Oh, and that is from the last month, so quite fresh info there corroborating the early plans, nice eh?

So there will be a couple of thousands of land deeds that will and can be bought for in game gold. However they will not be sold on NPCs, instead look on those Kickstarter plans and you can again assume Rushes, Lottery and Auctions.

Episodes
    So why did I mention episodes so many times above and made that colored to stand out?

You see the plan has always been and still remain that this game will have 5 Episodes. With each new episode comes new land mass and with that new deeds.
    It is a key to the business model.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_11
    So a new one planned each year (say more likely 12-18 months to be more realistic).

So this was the plan since kickstarter again:

But what does this have to do with land, well the plan is for a 3x3 map of continents. So what we see in E1 is one continent in the 'middle'
    OOO
    OXO
    OOO

With Episode 2 planned 12-18 months after E1, with similar amount of scenes as 1.
    OOO
    OXO
    OXO

Episode 3 being double E2
    OOO
    XXO
    XXO

episode 4 same as E3
    XXO
    XXO
    XXO

Then episode 5 filling out with the biggest content
    XXX
    XXX
    XXX

(exact order not confirmed but you will see why I say so below, but that it will be something like that was confirmed again by Richard last week in the telethong*)
    Paste this into a browser so you get the exact timeslot
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkDCtuWe2rg&feature=youtu.be&t=11490
    So as you can see that means new deeds both in the store and for gold every year or so.
    With progressively more land mass, etc.

You can even see evidence of this in the art, check out the continent of Novia on this little icon here:
    [​IMG]
    (old map, and not 100% accurate, but good enough to see the shape)

Now check out the full scale of the world here, Novia is that little blob continent in the center:

[​IMG]

So the Novia continent will have thousands of deeds for in game gold, now imagine what that big blob of a continent to the north of Novia will add...
    Looks like Episode 4 will be exciting...

So please feel free to correct players when they tell you such things and send them here to check out the source material - which should be Dev statements, new and old, plus the game itself, new and old.

However they are quite correct that even though there will be thousands of deeds for in game gold, they will not be sold directly from NPCs so not easy for guilds to scoop up early, instead they will be distributed through other means.

Happier?
    :D

Any questions? If so fire them to me and I will give you the sources where you can find the answers so that you don't have to rely on interpretation.
    :p

*yes I can be immature and serious at the same time... ;)

18. Faenauriel Erulisse

yes, thank you so much for that info! i feel much more relieved. Now if only I could decide on a town live in. so many are so pretty decisions are tough.

Time Lord and Luca Xante like this.
  19. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm interested in buying lot deeds with in-game gold to decorate the POT I'm building... I'm concerned about the ability to do this once the game is live; whether it'll be extremely hard to get those deeds even after I raise the funding for them, and whether the only viable way the devs will leave is through add-on purchases.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Well, there are plenty of POTs and guilds that would love a crafty farmer. Mine included. Lux will have Farmers' Fields and Communal Dormatories for those residents who start out without deeds so that one can grow some crops and have a place to call ones own without having to pay diddly for it.
    PM me for details if interested.

Time Lord and Shade Cido like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.