Need help with a place to live?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Cianna, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

Hello Outlanders,

Have you recently come to this land and find yourself feeling lost and bewildered? Are people preying on you and taking advantage of you because you are a stranger in a strange land? We offer respite to you, weary travelers, and friendship and assistance in finding your way.

I know what it's like to feel alone, to feel unsure, to be afraid of the unknown. I know what it means to be separated from those you love. And I know what it means to find friends, good friends, and a helping hand when you feel you have nowhere to turn.

Aelasar's Forest is a small community with a big heart. We currently have six guest homes available to Outlanders -- absolutely free for one month -- while you get your bearings, save money, and find your place in the world. If you need to stay longer than a month, you can rent your guest home for half the price of the current tax rate. And that money will go towards growing our base of guest homes.

In the end, we hope you will love our community enough to make your permanent home here. But wherever your journey takes you, you will go with friendship and good wishes from your temporary family.

Please send a message to me, Cianna, or to Nick Cold, either in game or here in this public forum. As long as the houses are available, we will put you up, give you assistance, and make you feel at home.

Welcome to this strange new land. You're in for quite an adventure!

Cianna
    Lady Marshal and Governor of Aelasar's Forest

Nick Cold (@Nick)
    Rogue, Fool, and a nice guy in spite of himself :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Vilger, Zhoc, Lyndoman and 25 others like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Avatar

Just to add, Aelasar's Forest can be found at the first wagon on the right when you enter Brittany Central.

We also have a Commission Free Vendor in Brittany Central available for family members to sell their wares. Its quite well located (beside Prince Guni's Castle) with lots of traffic.

Happy Adventuring!

3. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

And we have all expert crafting stations in our Crafting Hall, plus a banker, and weapons, crafting, and magic NPCs, plus a huge town lot for you to do some farming. We really do hope you'll come visit if you need a place to call home for a while. :)

4. tbkelima

tbkelima Avatar

hi. nice post =). i m new player. and i totally blur and dont understand how the house systems work . kindly guide me? this is my 7th days playing SOTA> and i love this game. ingame name ELYANWEE deARCH

5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hihi,

I can see you've had many response in the other thread. Just to sum it up, you need 2 things.
    1. A Lot Deed. This Lot deed allows you to claim the lot that you are interested in.
    2. A House deed. This is the house that you place on your deed. (note: Row Lots come with a default Row house)

At present, there are only 2 ways to get a Lot deed. 1. Buy it from the add-on store. 2. Buy a Raffle Ticket and hope you win.
    There are 2 types of lot deeds, a place anywhere Lot deed (where you can place in any available lot), and a player owned town (or POT) Lot deed (where you can place only in player owned towns with the POT owner's permission). And of these 2 kinds of lot deed, there is a tax-free lot deed, and taxable lot deed (where you need to pay taxes)

Does your game account come with a lot deed? (Ancestor pledge and above) If your have it, you have to claim it from the bank and have it in your inventory before you can claim a lot. If you do not, I suggest you come Aelasar Forest to take a look, if you like the place, we have Row lots available where you can experience having a home. From there, you can explore, save up and pursue your goal of getting your very own home. :)

6. tbkelima

tbkelima Avatar

thanks for the reply. yes . i will look there. Aelasar Forest. i buy through steam so i dont have any claim. how can i contact you ingame, i want to be part of your community =)

7. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Great post, love to see the community reaching out to the new people with a helping hand.

I wish you guys the very best!!!

8. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

If Nick hasn't already been in touch, I will send you a PM so we can arrange to meet in game. Happy to have you join us!

9. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

Thank you, good sir. Much appreciated.

10. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Really helpful stuff for the new players.

This can help smoothen out the learning curve while enjoying interaction amongst the community.

Kudos!

11. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

Many thanks for your kind words, @Pikegirl.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Nick like this.
  12. tbkelima

tbkelima Avatar

yes, i met nick last night. and he show me the place. he is very helpfull and so friendly. ... looking forward to meet you ingame =)

13. khalum

khalum Avatar

Hi there! I'm getting a lot more into playing lately, and even got the Elven tax free row house bundle. Do you have row options still open that people can move in to? Your group sounds so immensely kind.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Always welcome at my home, Central Brit, 5th house on the right

15. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

We'd love to have you join us, @khalum! I won't be in game till sometime tomorrow, but friend me (Cianna) and/or Nick Cold and I'll make arrangements with you to show you our town and see if there's a lot you'd like. Looking forward to meeting you!

16. khalum

khalum Avatar

I'd love to! I have a spot that I just plopped in a place near Soltown, but I checked out your town and loved it. I just need a little row spot. It's really about the people. I can just unclaim my current spot and pick my stuff up, right? Or, is there some limit before moving after 'claiming' a spot?

I don't get home from work tomorrow until after 6pm Central Time. :) We'll talk soon!

17. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi Khalum,

We have lots of land. If you like a nice spot, you can grab a screen shot and PM Cianna and ask if she can place a lot marker there so you can claim it. (Draw a 'X') ;)

I suggest you pick up everything from your home before unclaiming your current spot. It saves the trouble of going to the local bank to pick up your things. (everything from your lot goes into the local bank when you unclaim a lot. You cannot go to a bank in another town to pick them up)

For your info, we have family homes around Novia, in Estgard, Port Graff, Britanny Central, Etceter and a PRT town near Ardoris (which I cannot remember) where you can use as temporary base so you do not need to travel back to Aelasar Forests that often.
    Currently we also have comm free vendors in Brittany Central and Etceter for family members where you can place your items for sale.

This game is no walk in the park, it has a steep learning curve. What we are trying to do is to help New Players to have a place to start off with, to experience home ownership, without worrying about taxes. We want to provide as much support as we can for players while they learn and explore the wondrous new world.

See you later in game. :)

Nick

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  18. khalum

khalum Avatar

Thanks, Nick! Awesome. I'm still really confused on a few aspects, but I played UO for probably 10 years and understand a lot of system similarities. :) I'm really interested in being in a place that has a community vendor. Don't get me wrong, I love the spot I grabbed in bastions point, but I really want community. I'll look for you guys tomorrow!

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Cianna like this.
  19. khalum

khalum Avatar

I'm online now for a few hours! Apati Dragynfire is the character name. I'm in the Aelasar's Forest now. And I know exactly which lot would rock. It's the row one closest to the bridge. If looking at the crafting hall with the water at your back, it's the one all the way on the left.

20. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi khalum, I am afraid that lot is taken. The other row lots are still free.

I believe Cianna will be logging in soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.