Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Need Info] Unable to add items to Carved Oak Weapon Rack

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by palingard, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palingard

palingard Avatar

08/31/2019 11:24
    Title: Unable to add items to Carved Oak Weapon Rack
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: This only applies to newly placed racks. Already placed racks work fine, but if you pick it up and replace it, the issue appears. Weapons or other placable gear (quivers) will not place on the weapon rack.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place a Carved Oak Weapon Rack in any location where you are allowed. Attempt to add decorations to the rack
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32658
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 7998
    SotA.Win.64.1034.Date.08.30.19
    Area: BasementSceneMedievalRow_5Floor
    Area Display Name: Row Stone & Timber 5-Story Basement
    Loc: (36.7, 3.3, 108.7)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZU1lZGlldmFsUm93XzVGbG9vcnx8KDM2LjcwNiwgMy4zLCAxMDguNjY4KXwoMCwgLTAuMDk3LCAwLCAtMC45OTUpfDM0NS43NDk5fDMxLjcwNTJ8NC44MzQ3MjM=

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We are unable to reproduce this issue. Is there more information you can provide on this?

3. palingard

palingard Avatar

I am in Beran's Reach. I ran into the issue first in the central market and then in my Village lot (inside home), then also in my row lot basement where I already had a rack placed. I just logged out and back in to see if refreshing helped, but I still unable to attach items to the rack. Not sure what other information I can provide. The cursor remains red, regardless of where I place the item on an empty rack and I am using the same locations that worked previously (and did in a side by side test before I picked up the original rack).

I am online and will be for a while if you want to come look.

NOTE: did a bit more testing and I can lay an item on top of the rack, but nothing will place against the rack as it should.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  4. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

I am quite shocked that you cannot duplicate this issue - it has been around for a LONG time. And it is very easy to duplicate. Getting it to work actually requires trickery!

To duplicate: Place the rack in the middle of the room with nothing near it. Take a weapon (preferably short one) and attempt to place it on the rack. You will get the red placement treatment except in two conditions: 1) Placing the weapon flat (horizontally) on the top of the rack (not desired - looks dumb), 2) Placing the weapon (vertically) on the floor. Move the rack after placing it to confirm that the weapon is anchored to the floor, not the rack.

To get it to work: Place the rack with its back against a straight wall. No "trim" on the bottom of the wall that sticks out. Now try to place the weapon. With a little effort, you can get it to anchor to the rack vertically as desired. You can then move the rack anywhere you want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.