Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Need item or spell that shows you others virtue

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Love to get an item or a spell (sun magic?) that would show you what someone elses virtue was.

It doesn't have to be specific, just show blue or red like the virtue cloak.

fonsvitae, Black Tortoise and Jens_T like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

I would really love that at least in PvP scenes virtuous players would see other virtuous players as neutral. Unvirtuous players would appear hostile to everyone. In any case, if PvP should be meaningful, we really need some reputation system, that will not encourage attacking anything that moves.

As for the virtues being such an important part of the game, I am surprised it is not already part of character doll when you examine someone.

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Functional, not-directly-involved-with-combat objects like this sound like a great idea.

Sounds like we could use a lot more "Artifacts" a la Ready Player One (from which I believe we got the Sword of Ba'heer and Fyndoro's Tablet of Finding). Fyndoro's Tablet of Finding (when functional...) is an example - some magical artifact thingamajig that has some non-combat function (locating another player, in this instance). So similarly, some kind of Orb of Truthiness could be used once per day to reveal another player's virtue status, and only ~10 exist in the world. That might seem rare, but Id like there to be so many different "Artifacts" that all higher level players eventually come across 2 or 3 without trying too hard. This also adds a level of unpredictability and uncertainty to PVP, though again none of these things shuold be directly for combat only (i.e., not swords, shields, armor, simple stat buff rings, etc).

E.g., a Ring of Oracle's Compassion that, once per day, can reveal the last act of *malice another player comitted in the game ("Black Tortoise denied a starving beggar a coin in Soltown!"). This could in turn lead to some slight effect on the player (NPCs in Soltown perform sneering emotes at you and overcharge you / underbuy you by 1%).

*not my language, just trying to follow the game's jargon ;)

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

Perhaps something as simply as a tabard or something like that. That you only can buy if can interact with some specific NPC.

5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I am sure there will be titles or another indicator associated with it at some point.

6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

"Goggles of True Seeing"

7. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

why? Its none of anyones Business which virtue ones after. If so, lets have an Option to toggle virtue of self.

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I agree with you to a point that it's no one elses business. However I still would like the ability to know for sure using some type of item or test, if the other player agrees to the test.

For example, if I wanted to start a guild of virtuous players, I might like to have a way of testing that.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would like there to be some kind of reputation system (like what UO had) so that I can distinguish between those who are likely to perform negative actions against me and those who are not.

Net likes this.
  10. Selene

Selene Avatar

Tell them to put on their virtue cloak? Although I think a pool you could immerse in that would turn the color of your virtue would be an interesting addition. Maybe that is the intended purpose of the Chamber of Confluence.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not everyone has a virtue cloak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.