1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Response] Mature Plants Unable to Be Harvested

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Black Tortoise, Mar 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. Two of my large planting beds have mature cotton plants that I can not interact with.
    2. 100%?
    3. Not a blocker, but I do want my harvest!
    4. Aerie
    5. Area: Aerie (Novia_R7_City_Aerie) Loc: (46.756, 39.918, 193.581) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDQ2Ljc1NiwgMzkuOTE4LCAxOTMuNTgxKXwoMCwgLTAuNzQsIDAsIC0wLjY3Mil8OTUuNzk1Mjh8MzkuMzI5MzV8Ny42MjY4MjQ=

ORIGINAL:

I had plants growing on a lot, and then switched to a diff lot (previous bug report). The plants growing on the original lot were sent to the bank, I took them out and placed them on the new lot. Most of those plants were harvestable. I came back weeks later, today, and discovered that there are 2 beds of cotton plants that I cant harvest. I cant interact with them in any way, other than to move the planter around. I own the planters, the lot, etc - its not a permissions issue.

----

UPDATE:

As I posted below, I actually think the problem the whole time was with streetlamps and the light being cast over the large planting bed. WIth a topdown view, I cant interact with the planting bed with agriculture skills, but I can interact with it otherwise (drag, move, set permissions, etc). When I remove the streetlamp from casting light over the planting bed, I can interact with it with agriculture skills.

Dont know if its specific to a streetlamp, but it was a wooden ornate streetlamp from the crown store.

I harvested all my crops now, btw :)

----

My expectations are that this planter bed has all mature plants, and I can harvest them with the skill or by double clicking them.

7. See specs in signature.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Apparently, I found a way to make them accessible again.

if you pick up one of these problematic, "non intractable", mature plant beds, and place in your inventory, and replace on the ground - they once again can be interacted with.

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

More on this: these same two planter beds now cant receive seeds. All my other planters are fine. The two that inspired this thread can not be interacted with.

Luckily I have a bunch stashed in a barrel so Im swapping them out, but its interesting how these planters have been a problem since I relocated them to a different lot via the magic mover (see link in OP).

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Next theory: the ornate wooden streetlamp's light aura is preventing me from interacting with objects underneath it.

i have an ornate wooden streetlamp shining light on top of a planting bed. every planting bed i move into that spot, i can not interact with it, except to pick it up.

when i move the ornate wooden streetlamp out of the way, the planter works fine.

put the ornate wooden streetlamp back, and i cant sow seeds, water a seed, or harvest a plant underneath it.

ill try to remember to update my original post later with this info, need to split now...

Chiasma likes this.
  5. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.