Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Need some cue that a harvesting tool is broken

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by redfish, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

We need a cue that a harvesting tool is broken other than the message in the chat text, because the message might be filtered out. If it is filtered out, we have no idea whether our tool is broken, or there's game lag, or a bug, or some other problem.

It would probably best to show it on the cursor. Why do I get a normal "Harvest Cotton" cursor with the sickle, if my sickle is broken? This suggests that its a viable action by the player, when it isn't. Either don't make the cursor show up, or do something with it... put a red X, grey it out, or whatever.

Otherwise, we need some sound or visible failure indicator on screen in case the sound is off.

It would also help if the chat message categories were more discrete, so we would know what to expect when filtering them out. Harvest failures are all grouped into "Misc", which is a broad and vague category. A new player isn't going to know that he's filtering out messages about harvest failures when he unchecks "Misc".

Beaumaris, Verit and wizardsmoke like this.
  2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

also couldn't hurt to have a durability low warning, like, "my axe seems a bit wobbly..." or something.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

what would be awesome, but expensive for developer time, is an animation. take out a broken sickle, look at it, shake your head, put it back in your pack.

Trihugger likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Would be equally nice for broken gear to not look the same as usable gear. Players wearing armor with 0 dura and wielding weapons and shields with 0 dura and not noticing it until too late ! Well, at least we can repair in the middle of combat, though thats a problem in and of itself :/

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

if its not working, the first thing I do is check my tool, then I zip up my pants and continue to play :) .

Trihugger likes this.
  6. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.