Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Needs Info] Unable to exit combat while using auto-attack

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Arya Stoneheart, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

09/08/2019 18:09
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: When I have auto attack turned on, I am unable to exit combat with Z key. If I turn it off, then I can exit combat normally.
    Steps to Reproduce: Turn on auto-attack and try to exit combat.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16326
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU RAM: 4072
    SotA.Win.64.1036.Date.09.05.19
    Area: Novia_R9_City_Northwood
    Area Display Name: Northwood
    Loc: (140.1, 45.2, 140.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9Ob3J0aHdvb2R8fCgxNDAuMDc2LCA0NS4xOTcsIDE0MC4zMzMpfCgwLCAwLjcwMiwgMCwgMC43MTMpfDg5LjQ0OTk4fDI0Ljk3MzIzfDQuMzY5OTk4

2. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the report!

I am unable to reproduce this issue using the repro steps provided. Pressing Z sheathes/unsheathes my weapon as expected, regardless of the use of Auto Attack.

Please re-post if you are able to narrow down more specific and reliable repro steps.

Thanks!

3. Ashyeena Marsh

Ashyeena Marsh Avatar

In my experience, just having auto attack on doesn't cause it, but auto attack actually attacking something does. Easiest to reproduce with ranged weapons. Pressing Z while you're shooting at something with auto attack does not take you out of combat mode.

My theory on the cause:
    When you press Z you don't leave combat mode immediately, but after a short delay. This delay gives enough time for auto attack to shoot again, which keeps you in combat mode.

Jaesun, Alley Oop and Barugon like this.
  4. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I have noticed this problem. Was attacking Arachnids in Hilt, wanted to switch from my ranged deck to my taming deck. Since I have split my equipment and skills into separate decks, I have to put away my weapons, press y, click the melee equipment "deck", and click the taming deck.

So, in combat with the arachnid, I expect to press z to put away my weapons. However, this does not occur; I keep attacking instead. Note that another in my group was tanking, so I was not being hit at the time. I had to turn off auto-attack in order for z to put away my weapons. I was then able to change decks and begin my taming attempts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.