Nerf Envy Bow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stefania1988, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

a few. ROFL Welcome to Shroud Of The Avatar. Must be your first time here. Let me tell you about a "Few" kills. I killed over 200 of the envy angel to get a bow. killed over 400 trolls in the pass 0 rings, its a random drop system some people get lucky some farm all month and see 1. The bow/poles etc non of these tree by them self/gear are OP. it is the combination of Tactics/wep and berserker stance that make all these people OP. The whole specialization system has made the game so unbalanced there is like one way to play a character these days and if you do not do it you do crap damage. But yet turn around and watch a player 15 Alvl below me just destroy stuff, it is truly amazing.

FrostII, Mishikal and Vero like this.
  2. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

A few times! The drop gods must be in your Favor Ranger 200 kills in and all i'm seeing is stupid arrows and wasted time so nerf the bow and move on. I have never played a game of where so many people rush to shoot a good weapon down. I'm not an archer i don't care I just wanted it for my wall I just don't get it.

3. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Mathematic!= few times
    Go back to school
    Update: 73 kills 1 drop

Norah East and Mishikal like this.
  4. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

I´m not archer but i think the design is correct, less range, more aggro and more damage.... as a seasonal item the 1/20 drop rate as Chris mentioned is ok.

Brass Knuckles and Mishikal like this.
  5. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I definitely agree with Hagge, that bow is too easy to get for what it does. Xen bow has same dmg output but has a big downside (50% more focus costs on skills ) and a realy rare chance to drop from a 22k hp boss that needs to be take down in group.
    For get Envy Longbow you have to kill a 2k hp mob, that spawn in less than 1 min and you can farm over and over. I honestly dropped 3 envy longbow already in less than 5h of grinding there, compared to nothing in more than 10h of grinding of Spider Queen with a group.

Here couple of damage done by me with that bow, my skills in archery are just 100, and my str is 190 and my dex is 70, definitely just mediocres stats, I have not tactic spec and no ranged spec.
    I am not using an helm and I am not using any kind of belt, slipshood or whatever. Those are charged hits on dummy, this bow is pretty fast to charge, as you can see my only attack speed buff is bersker, think what can do someone with high attack speed which is boostable in many many ways

[​IMG]

Too much 900/800 damange done by a player with stats and skills like that, think what could happen if it is used by an end-game specialized archer.

[​IMG]

Those are damage on a player with plate bronze armor and defensive stance, can you notice the 434 Aimed shot, without any kind of masterwork on it?

In a game where crafted item should be always better than artifacts this totaly break everything, this bow makes subpar every high-end crafted bow.

6. stefania1988

stefania1988 Avatar

I dont know the drop rate, but its rather cheap to buy for gold and iv seen many people selling a bunch already and its been in the game for a very short time.
    So i dont care about who is unlucky or more lucky. Im still saying its to easy to achive considering how powerful it is.
    Anyway im not gona complain anymore. In the end im archer myself and this weapon makes my arsenal alot better. Was just trying to see it from a objective standpoint.

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Is balancing getting in the way of adding programming content? seem's like bit of a rabbit hole!

8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

My 2 cents in pills:

-Envy bow and Xen bow are clearly overpowered, just need to check their base stats damage, do some math and start to count multipliers on this base damage.

-The drop rate is 1 bow every 20 Envy Angels killed on the paper, and from tests it dropped an avg of 1 bow every 30-35 kills, compared to Xen bow (that needs 2 super rare arties to be crafted) i agree is an easy drop.

-This bow has slightly range penalty, slightly aggro boost and insane damage boost.

-I can clean an UT run in solo without using a single fire spell, meteor shower or polearm in 3 mins 40 secs (Level 110 subpar skills level).

-Yea you get the same (More) damage of polearm now, but with 20-30 less skill points and from around 30 yards while applying poisons and ignite weapon dot.

-Multishot with Xen bow and Envy bow blows out of the water any spinning attack, whirling blades or ground pound.

-This bow basically threw in the trash any kind of possible balance in PVP, time for an archers army, archers were already too good (Unicorn/chaotic/Aether corpion poisons) before introducing that bow, now is just the end.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    FrostII, Rada Torment, Lesni and 2 others like this.
  9. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

So my understanding it is NOT a 1 minute respawn timer......How have you been doing that?!?!?!?

Can farm over and over..... for 1 month, then it is impossible to get, unlike most other stuff, for 11 months.

Regards
    Spung

Norah East likes this.
  10. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Simply switching between multiplayer and single player.

This is even worse, at the end of the day just some ppl will go around with an OP stuff and the ones who come late can't have it cause the boss will not be anymore available

Rada Torment likes this.
  11. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I'm not commenting if it is OP, not got one to test. I agree making any must have rare is bad. My point is anything off a seasonal boss is rare regardless of drop rate.

Parity in builds is impossible, unless the only difference between them is cosmetic. So to my mind parity is not the goal. As long as there is a counter then it is fine. I can instantly think that stealth is a counter, charge that knocks down is a counter. It has not been in the game long enough and meta of PvP evolved enough with this in the game to know if it is OP in PvP.

Regards
    Spung

Dhanas likes this.
  12. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

This bow has not a counter, I saw ppl critting huge numbers with multishot, which is aoe and removes nearby people from stealth. Counter asides I agree a must-have item should be realy rare to drop but shouldn't be a seasonal content, seasonal content should just drop aestetic stuffs, or buffs potions, like it has always been since now.

13. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

Another useless artifact incoming. When the nerf bat comes out it hits hard.

14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

It's not OP, is just insane :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

That may be true but it will be worthless once they get done with it just like 90% of the other arti's. Those are some crazy numbers tho. I hope they tone it down not just make it obsolete

16. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Antrax and Dhanas nailed it with their post here. Definitely you can't add a new item to a game which hits harder at 20-30m than any other melee weapon (you can't even hit for 2500 with a spear anymore, remember polearms got two balance pass already).

Ranged vs Melee balance should be a high priority, once this fixed, start fixing melee weapons (bludgeons, etc).

FrostII, Sara Dreygon and Dhanas like this.
  17. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Ok you guys convinced me, it´s op!

18. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

obviously the 2k crit was was done with a 5-6 stack fireflies from behind?
    Also bow and crossbows are SINGLE TARGET DPS. MELEE IS AOE DPS. By this definition, bow/ranged should do as much if not MORE than melee because that is its function. FINALY 2k crits when melee has been able to do this forever (WITH FIREFLIES). Now bows finaly can reach close to the same and everyone cries nerf????

If you nerf this, all the people who bought the bow from me and an exaggerated price will be very pissed.... bwahhahahahhahahahaahhaa

Cleome Arachnid likes this.
  19. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

This is OP but a rend that will do thousands by the time it tickes out(EVERY TIME) and can be stacked 3 times in the same skill tree with a finisher that can instantly crit for thousands is just fine. And btw, with rend you can stack it 3 times and then go sit in the prancing pony with cover and heal yourself while you wait for the dragon to drop out of the sky. Did I mention it also applies a healing debuff which also stacks 3 times? Seriously what are you top renders seeing on avg ticks? and how long does it stay applied? Why isn't THAT getting press?

That said, it does seem OP especially for where it comes from and perhaps in general.....that said I really think bows should out dps anything by some significant amount(>20%?) on single target. Saying its op cause it hits harder than a sword is silly.

Also, why is she dropping a bow at all? She should be dropping something that can be salvage for a string, shaft, bowstave? Have we gotten that lazy?

majoria70 and Barugon like this.
  20. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Where's your vendor? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.