Nerf Envy Bow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stefania1988, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Hmm no :)

You have aoe (multishot) with bows and xbows, and believe me, its a strong one (right now the king in UT). And fireflies works for ranged too ;)

FrostII likes this.
  2. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

multishot is a waste and will hurt your overall dps, put the exp elsewhere, just get 80 and only use for dark unicorn spread

the ONLY thing anyone should complain about is that INSANE parry modifier.... on a bow..... its insane

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Counters matter... Just let me know when I can press a button and clear aimed shot .

Dhanas and Rada Torment like this.
  4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

^^ this....

Two areas of this game that have seemed to be forgotten and underdeveloped.
    Tier 3 components and combos.

Regards
    Spung

Dhanas likes this.
  5. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Hit dodge, hit fortify defence, hit glancing blow, hit air shield, hit death shield. How many counters do you need. No difference from thrust, except rend works MUCH better in PvE.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

1700+ piercing shot, how to counter it? :)

Also a melee have to reach you fighting delay and latency and try to hit you with very low chance to apply, how hard is pressing a button from 25-30 yards while your target was debuffed from the distance, slowed down, and is teleported around from chaotic corruption while you hit from 1700 to 2600+?

Since the opness of this item is pretty objective, if they don't nerf it and keep it like that everyone in game will just switch to bow, i don't think it will be healthy for the game.

That time when you can use a kickstarter promise for the sake of the game instead of making it worse: "Best items are crafted by players"

PS: Rend can be dispelled in less than a second ^^

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    FrostII and Sara Dreygon like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

My goal is some decade to solo UT....

Fiero Steele likes this.
  8. golruul

golruul Avatar

I need to buy some good popcorn for the hilarious show that will happen when this gets nerfed!

Joke aside... devs, if you're going to nerf this, do it now. Don't wait a couple months and let people get used to it before destroying their builds.

Dhanas likes this.
  9. oplek

oplek Avatar

I do kind of feel like the lights are on but nobody's home. Here we are talking at each other about it as though they're listening. I think the closest this could get to a response is if it were submitted as a bug.

10. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Sorry

Please don't apply my comments to PvP. I"m happy others enjoy it but till I can go get killed without fear of losing items its just not for me and I don't want to influence it in anyway. (Even if I could be guaranteed to not lose stuff the extent of my PvP would be going into PvP zones and hoping not to get found.) If this bow somehow wrecks PvP that should be fixed but I still maintain arrows should be the top single target dps for PvE. If I have to give up multishot for that to be true I'm good with that. Giving me 1 skill that can hit everyone and somehow claiming its equal to entire tress where every skill hits 2 or more targets isn't appreciated.

I dont want to ruin PvP for the sake of PvE or vice versa.

Alioth, Barugon and Antrax Artek like this.
  11. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

You will be happy soon, i heard they're going to give the chance to pot owner to set the no ransoms rule for their pot ^^

12. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

hide behind a wall and hope they arent using a lag switch

13. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

So initial thoughts, but not tried it. And I think just puts more weight to my argument that PvP meta has not evolved in this game for these counters and decks to have been tested, honed etc. As I said i'm not pro or anti nerfing the Envy bow, don't have one to test.
    This is all theory crafting, not tried and tested build/deck vs build/deck. You are making educated guesses as much as I.

But Night step, Stealth, Charge, Engage opponent, mez them, not sure if shield block is bypassed by piercing shot, but i don't think so. So there are counters to close the gap. There is damage avoidance buffs to turn that into 600 damage. There is dodge, there is death shield to turn that into 1300 damage which stack on the rest.

Also have NEVER seen piercing shot, even against heavily armoured opponents do the damage aimed shot does.

Regards
    Spung

14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Well 1700 piercing is enough to put down a well armored tank, most of my words come from several tests and real pvp fighting, all things you mentioned work in theory but don't work in practice, that's the problem, as someone said the only counter is finding a wall and hiding :D especially if the envy bow archer has shield of air on (torpid fizzles a lot even in leather and has 10 range, you'll be dead before reaching this distance, same thing for others gap closers, delay/desync ruins them).
    I forgot to mention some of these high crits are ignoring completely death shield mitigation and heals.
    We spent atleast 3 hours yesterday trying this bow. If you're an archer I would be very happy to lend it to you to try some shots.

There is a counter anyway, it's taking an envy bow and do the same thing :)
    We'll see if it stays like that i'm ready to spend my pool on archery.

15. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

No thanks, not interested in PvP in this game, which is a shame as they make PvP boring as they make open world PvP over before it even starts. If they add the castle sieges and stuff I would probably get into it. All my past games I was not a PvPer but did PvP : SWG, Eve Online, WOW (chose to play a PvP server as a non PvPer), Archeage.

so 3 hours.....

Want to watch how in depth PvP and build evolution can be and how long it can take. Watch Rooks and Kings Clarion Call 4 -
    It's a great watch with great narration about 1 corps war campaign for 6 month in Eve, you don't have to understand Eve to appreciate the video and what they did. 4-5 years all the mechanics and tools existed before that emergent game play was invented.

Regards
    Spung

majoria70 likes this.
  16. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

if someone puts a 6 stack fireflies on you, you shouldnt be anywhere near anyone with a bow without death shield and a shield.... unless you are asking to be executed.... the same applies to allowing someone sneak attack you or puncture you while you have 6 stack fireflies on you..... and I guarantee you that you will not get that damage without being behind and berserked. Just another cherry on top of your theory-crafting that makes no sense

17. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

the days of running around with 2 wands and no shield is over, archers are supposed to own mages with 2 wands, stop crying

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I might be mistaken but I think the damage is applied before the heal with death shield, so as long as you initially do more damage than their health, they're dead.

19. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

The problem is that archer now are supposed to oneshot best tank build available with shield+deathshield and all stuff you can buff up :)
    Puncture is exaggeratedly good, just think the envy bow can double its damage from 30 yards while you're slowed and randomly teleported from chaotic corruption.

Check the shroudbert ranking and tell me how the number 25 has become 1st (in 2 days or less) after he took in hand the envy bow ;)

Man i'm studying sota's pvp builds/system from 2 years, envy bow is not something that needs to be tested for more than 10 minutes, it does double damage compared to any crafted bow in game.

FrostII, Dhanas and Sara Dreygon like this.
  20. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

you are clueless and supposed to have quit the game
    show me a video of someone one shotting a heavy armor/tactics spec fully buffed with death shield and shield and then i will listen to your ramblings

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.