Nerf Envy Bow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stefania1988, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Maybe if you start pvp you will see it too...

FrostII, Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  2. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Unfortunately, I came back to visit you, someone who fights who denies the evidence and loves to play with broken things was needed.

Abuse and use of broken things to the detriment of the health of the game is a sport very much practiced here on the forum, but it is too easy to score goals with an empty net, needs a goalkeeper.

3. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

if someone is interessed in this bow, i'm selling a pair in new heaven for 99999 gold(each).

4. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

anyway, you can have better dmg from this bow from the proc on armor:Weapon Power: On Hit 5% Weapon Strength Damage, +33% Weapon SD for 60 seconds (Chests).ENJOY.

5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

How about we steer clear of personal attacks.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Ah another opportunity ive missed..

Echondas likes this.
  7. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

You've missed nothing, the bow only has been in-game since somewhere last week.

Dhanas likes this.
  8. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

9. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

on a practice dummy?

There are counters to archers, just because you have issues with them with your current build/skill use doesn't mean that there are no ways to counter them. I've tested them and know that they work. You can't have everything catered to your play style. People have to fight mages differently than melee and differently than ranged. Learn to use better tactics, the proper skills, and understand the advantages and limitations of each character type.

Melee have had it there way for almost the beginning of the game, able to tank with shield and heavy armor skills, able to hit multiple targets at one time, able to use gap closers and ground pound, not to mention rend and shield bash. Remember when death mages ruled, and still do when played properly.

Archers are single target fighters. Multishot is a joke for the most part and only used to apply poison or I guess by some people in UT.

You said you can clear UT solo in like 3 mins 40 seconds. . . . . and you complain that archers are OP?

I think Chris needs to take a close look at that and examine why you are able to do so. That sounds quite OP to me and certainly not as intended by the devs.

I guess the real problem is that melee fighters aren't able to just bull rush into a group and whirl their blades and stun/kill everyone in 10-15 seconds anymore and suddenly that's a problem for your playstyle, while you admit that you are only level 110 and yet expect to be able to compete with players who have very dedicated builds with hundreds of millions of more experience poured into them to reach closer to end game potential?

Why don't you try working your character/skills up to a more respectable level and then measure what you are able to do against what others are able to do before complaining. Sounds like from your UT prowess at such a low level that you are already OP.

Synergy Blaize and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  10. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

That is patently false.

It was not 25 to number 1 in 2 days, it was number 10 to number 1 in 2 days AFTER the huge pvp fight at the pirate event. And it's not like all of those were solo kills, a LOT of them were on people who were running away (back to me) AFTER being badly damaged by the others in the fight.

That's part of the problem. Ya'll are running around complaining about things when you don't have all the facts. You have no idea what my skills are at, what my stats are at, and why i'm able to be moderately successful using them. You have no idea of the circumstances of those fights and are acting like a solo archer is ruling the world.

You aren't comparing apples to apples, you are just saying that's OP because you can't counter it with your current build/skill choices.

Half the things ya'll are saying are untrue.

That's not how it works buddy.

11. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Man you can eliminate everything i said instead of using it to support the theory and just see that the envy bow does 100% more damage than crafted bows. That's enough to blow out of the water any kind of theorycrafting, assumptions, comments, levels etc.

Take a level 1 character with a end game bow and another with envy bow, the one with envy bow will do 2x damage, there is nothing to argue is just the evidence.

Sara Dreygon and Dreadwhisper like this.
  12. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Right...… which is why you are only complaining about 1 person? If envy bow was that OP then I guess we'll see EVERY archer rocking this game from here on?

And, this might throw a kink into your thinking. Up until about 10 minutes ago when I purchased one in Novia Market, I NEVER EVEN HAD AN ENVY BOW. I've been mostly using my own handmade crafted bow. So how do you explain that?

13. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

This is obviously not about the bow, you are obviously upset that some people have now played long enough to advance further than what you are able to dominate anymore. You had a nice run Antrax, and now it's over. There is a pretty big leap in ability once you get over AL 115 and get your skills up to 130,140, and 150. Try it out and you will see. It's not the bow. It's skill and exp.

14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

If you didn't use the envy bow for sure you were using the xen bow :) the damage output is the same.

Just think that who opened this thread is an archer and who provided screenshots that i shared with his permission is an archer, both are/were best archers around.

15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

The best part is that i'm not complaining, i'm showing evidence and who is so happy about using broken stuff try to deny them at all costs.

We can talk as much as you want, in game was added an artifact that double the damage of any kind of archers regardless of their level, skills level and irl skills.
    The xen bow is the same but is so rare and none noticed the damage output before.

It's like the battle between truth and lie, developers and players will judge.

I still remember when meteor shower was totally broken the situation was pretty the same, those who used them did not want to be fixed at any cost ;)

Want to prove the opposite? let's meet in game and show me you can do the same damage using a normal crafted bow (not xen or envy)

16. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

No, I told you I was using a crafted bow and I was 85% of the time. I have done extensive testing with my crafted bows and xen bow and honestly the difference between them is very very little.

Again, you are making tons of assumptions without all the facts, and complaining about it instead of doing what you actually need to do, which is improve your character skills. 110 is pretty low in the pvp world buddy. The fact that you were/are able to compete at 110 against people who are 120+ shows exactly who is actually OP, so if you want to turn this into a complaint fest, I have a whole list of things I can start complaining to Chris about.

17. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

So if they're almost the same why are you arguing so much to not get it nerfed/fixed?

Don't need to talk about your level, your exp, your skills, every archer with the envy bow is doing these damage, you're not special :)

18. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Your 'evidence' consists of using different bows on a practice dummy and comparing the difference in damage between the 2. That comparison has no bearing on the actual facts of the situations you are describing, as evidenced by your trying to use me as an example of why the bow is overpowered, when I never even had the bow at any time we have fought.

That's why I presented my 'evidence' that your 'evidence' was untrue and biased and presented in a way to hide the fact that you have been outpaced by others in this game.

So..... what difference does the output damage of the bows make, if no one has even been using them and you still have been getting wrecked?

19. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Pretty much every archer in PVP is using it, we are not talking about 1 person. I am personaly not talking about a person or who use it, I am talking about an item which is OP in both PVP and PVE and too easy to obtain for what it does, if it was more rare maybe it was a bit better.
    FYI The Xen bow has same output damage but has a huge penality, 50% gliph focus costs: Envy bow is a better Xen Bow obtainable with a little effort, compared to a bow that you need 2 rare artifacts to craft it, droppable just from a 22k hp boss and just in a group

20. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

The reason i'm arguing, is because it really is sad that after years of melee ruling the game, along come some archers who actually work their skills up to compete with you, and now you cry foul and complain about something causing you to lose, when it WASN'T EVEN A FACTOR.

Don't you have better things to do than cry in the forums? Real pvp'ers don't cry, they train, they adapt, they overcome. You are making the rest of us look bad. I gave you the example, it's up to you to follow it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.