Nerf Envy Bow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stefania1988, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Who Dhanas? Who are you talking about. It wasn't me, it wasn't Grinchy, it wasn't anyone else in our guild. We haven't even had the dang bow to use against you. What are you really upset about?

2. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Again no, it's not you at all, all archers with envy bow are doing that, maybe you're doing it better but every single archer regardless of the level using the envy bow is getting 2x damage compared to a crafted bow.

you are trying to focus the attention on yourself while the focus is on the envy bow itself regardless of who uses it.

3. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

You drug me into this when you used me as an example. A completely untrue one. Don't lie about me. I won't tolerate it.

4. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Ok let's suppose you never used xen and envy bow, they're still op :) cause everyone who switched from a crafted bow to them is getting 2x damage.

It does even more damage than the xbow of accuracy with much faster charge time.

5. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Again, you were the one who brought me into this conversation. And no, the envy bow is not getting 2x damage compared to a crafted bow. You haven't seen the MANY test results that I have run with my crafted bows. Envy damage modifier is same as xen, xen bow does 'MAYBE' 100-150 points more damage on HIGH end crits than my crafted bow. But my crafted bow crits way more often than xen bow. Again, you really don't know what you are talking about. You are doing a simple experiment using 2 bows and practice dummy and correlating that to everything else. You talk as if every archer in the game now suddenly owns an Envy bow and is wrecking pvp. That is totally absurd and not even close to true.

6. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I am not talking of any of your guild, i am sorry. First of all I was talking about tests done by myself in the dummy, then I noticed tests done by others with skills higher than me, after I watched archers of my guild using it and owning ppl and I received also some 890 charged attack with that bow ( I was using defensive stance, death shield and earth embrance) by someone that is not in your guild.
    If your guild hasn't discovered yet how much OP is this bow, this is not my fault, you should try it and compare with your crafted bows. Without masterwork and enchants it is more powerfull of any of your old crafted bows, I can assure it.

7. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

No it doesn't. Chris even said that the Envy bow was not the highest damage output bow in the game. So is Chris wrong and you are right? Again, so little facts.

8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Absolutely this, seems a dev is testing it right now, confirming it's way too high.

9. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Test with dummy mean nothing, other than the fact that the bow has a higher damage output. You won't get those same crits in that frequency against a real player of equal skill and talent. Even in your tests that you showed using the bow against antrak, look at ALL the hits that were sub 100 and there only 3 or so that were above 100. Yep , real overpowered.

10. golruul

golruul Avatar

So far I've seen people saying something along the lines of "it's not OP and you can counter it if you know what you're doing". Then I see Antrax (and others?) disagree and offer to PvP against people to prove it's OP and... no one has taken him up on his offer? Why? Wouldn't fighting him and showing how easy it is to counter show that... it's easy to counter and isn't OP?

Dhanas and Barugon like this.
  11. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Cool, good job. I will strive my hardest with the same zeal that I have used to build my character to make sure I complain about any and every mage and melee weapon till the end of time.

Next time, leave me out of it if you don't want my opinion.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Envy bow draws its power from the Envy Angel. once the Angel is gone from novia, the bow will no longer channel her power until she returns

13. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

None said nerf archers, we pointed out the output damage of the envy bow is op.
    Also none said you're op nerf him, we said the bow is op.

You don't need to bring up: levels, yourself, dummy, me, dhanas, archers, skills, balances, experience, levels, your tests, my tests etc.

Cause the envy/xen bow output damage is op compared to crafted bow regardless of all these things.

14. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I never done those dmg on a player using a normal bow with those stats and I tested also a normal hard maple longbow with bonus to aimed shot, rapid fire. My aimed shot lvl 100 does higher dmg with envy bow no mw and no enchants than with hardmaple long bow with 26% aimed shot, same about charget attack.

I am not saying you are not a good player or you haven't built a good character, you are good and will be good even without envy bow. I am talking just about an item that at the moment in my opinion ( and not just mine) is a bit Over Powered, and cause of that almost everyone is using it.

15. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Right, because bringing up those things would come too close to actually looking at the real evidence.

I'm gonna run some more tests right to make sure that no melee weapons give any more damage that any others. After all, we shouldn't have ANY OP weapons in any class. Let's not just limit this to the Envy bow and Xen bow.

16. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Good luck at finding bludgeon, polearm, sword artifacts with 6 more base damage points :)

17. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Not to mention, It really is OP that polearms can hit 3 targets. That seems quite unfair don't you think?

18. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

3 targets > 6 more base damage points

19. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

From 30 yards slowing down the target? i doubt ^^ and just think that the polearm damage is op but still like half of the envy/xen bow damage.

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Also reguarding damage numbers in screenshot, Guess which one of these screenshots is a high end bow and which one is just a normal longbow

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first screenshot was fromt he front, and the second one was from behind the target.
    Antrax and dahnas let me do science on their bow \o/ heres the envy bow used exactly the same way (also my char has 91 strength and 98 dex during all of this)

[​IMG]
    And below is from behind the target
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.