Nerf Envy Bow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stefania1988, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

[​IMG]

I'd say it was at least still good for deco, if it wasn't ugly. I think maybe it's time to walk away from this game for a few months.

DukeUconn and Barugon like this.
  2. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I better not log in and find the Xen bow changed.

3. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

mage make this with out range. u can spam AOE in 1 siege catapult. and run to another and u clean the catapult.
    Say me please if u in real life use Polearm u can increase your attack diapason? why in game u cant do this 7m+
    I want to say in game, diab not trouble we have blink we have body slam we have to many skill's for convergence. And stop say 30-20-10-40 range attack.

4. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

all in normal with Xen. But Xen not work like Envy......

5. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

U have 9 mage skill tree, and what all u need just use another wands with ATT for good dps. What u not have to kill boss? Brain?Skill's?Skill? Tell me u have trobule with Fizl? I have my shield have in run 1% to cast. What me need for good DPS? Ton stats in my character. 1 good armor price from 1kk to 2kk (and it needs to be found to buy. about ench\mw by self we are not talking).
    What need mage ? 200 int for dps ..... i have 200-300-60 (just remind) and I remind. During the siege, I lost to AOE mage with DPS.

I kill in game all game bosses, that not trobule for me just want to say. you all turn on crymod. If bow up in game allllllll and this is so fu....ny......

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Windmane likes this.
  6. Arion Fhrey

Arion Fhrey Avatar

After the nerf of the bow it is only decoration for me. Please let the salvage of the bow give us a guaranteed pattern, maybe an eternal one.

7. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

UT and Sieges are optimized for AoEs. For people that need easy XP and wood. But there are many many other scenes in game, may some do not even have discovered it, yet.
    Comparing dps alone telling not to much. Bludgeons are played different to swords. Bows different to Magery.

In my opinion damage dealt in PvE should be the same as in PvP. No different ruleset.

I think the Envy Bow should become salvage able and yield either a pattern, envy bow strings, envy bow stave or wood scrap. The strings and the stave should have a bonus and a malus.
    It might be that using the envy stave and the envy string results in a bow with to much malus but if only one envy component is used with an already in game component it results in a good bow.
    Regarding mastworking and enchanting, it should be checked that a bow made from envy components does not become a überbow again. But with average mw/enchant may is the bow of choice.
    Rarity can be controlled by the drop rate upon salvaging.

Dhanas likes this.
  8. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm not sure how likely they are to do the eternal pattern... as they essentially re-used one of the telethon rewards from long ago, which weren't supposed to be available again.

9. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I wish the numbers added up like that. It was 10 shots and maybe 1400 on the dummy. Enough to one shot mages in the The Rise but no where near 2560. I miss pre nerfed/fix Rapid Fire.

Vero likes this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Since its just deco now, howabout upping the drop rate to something reasonable for a seasonal boss? You guys got it right with Krampus - only took a full party a couple hours to all get their holiday promotional broomsticks. That's much more reasonable.

Rare holiday item shouldn't be op best in slot arti
    If anything it should be more common drop or patternable.

liz_the_wiz and jmcclain like this.
  11. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

bows that droped pre nerfed should stay pre nerfed

12. Vero

Vero Avatar

Why do you think that? would mean a 'small' group will run around with OP bows. That's not fair for others who looted the bow after grinding the Angel some more ;)

Dhanas likes this.
  13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Yeah, no...

Barugon likes this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Polarms that could crit close to 4k pre nerf should do that too

Meteor swarms that pulled 600 dps should do that only for people who used it pre nerf too.

Folks who could perma root bosses should still be able to do that too but only if they did it 3-4 years ago when it was a thing. Anyone who got root after that shouldnt be able to do it

And crap i forgot. Us folks who were getting like 2000DPS with the poison bug need to still be able to do that but noone else should. Cant believe i forgot that

15. Vero

Vero Avatar

[​IMG]

kaeshiva and Dhanas like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ugh. I actually do get why it got nerfed, and knew it was coming. But it's now even worse than a crafted bow, with no up side. Ever see those Youtube videos where kids get console boxes for xmas, with socks and underwear inside them? That's what this feels like.

Athanil likes this.
  17. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

That screen protector didnt work. Im cancelling my subscription

19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

We were always told that the "best gear would be crafted."

I'm glad this has been adjusted, the last thing we needed was yet another mandatory "best in slot" artifact - we already have the Xen bow for that, but it has enough negatives that it isn't an end-all for every build. At the high end, its practically required to use best in slot artifacts - look at mages, dolus hood, sages sash, warlock chain are 3 pretty much non negotiables and crafted gear comes nowhere even remotely close. Even with specialization and skills leveled to absurd heights at 100x GM xp investment you can't even approach anywhere near those stats.

Now maybe the vision has changed, and the best gear isn't supposed to be crafted anymore. If that's the case, then bring on more op artifacts, but artifacts were always presented as quirky things with a downside not 'absolute essentials' which is what a lot of them have become.

Vero and Dhanas like this.
  20. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

because i spent hours farming that now crap bow. thx

liz_the_wiz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.