Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Nerfing of my build!

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Turin2, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

I use Mind wipe, Beserk Stance for Sword build... Mind wipe doubled in delay and requires casting, Beserk Stance stops all regen, and now all my sword skills take 5 times longer to use. When nerfing, do you look at anyone elses deck or just see what I'm playing? I was having fun.. hundreds of hours making this design and you spend 5 minutes to make it worthless. I went from being one of the best to now struggling versus one npc monsters.
    You make me suck because you can't see the obvious. This is beyond reasonable... This has gone personal.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol or you have a gift for finding the most broken / unbalanced skills and wreaking havok with em ;)

That or Chris hates you. Either way, well done. lol

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

lmao

FrostII likes this.
  4. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

It's great to have you here!

FrostII and Stryker Sparhawk like this.
  5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

"We hates him, my precious!" -@Chris

Alexander and FrostII like this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The next question would be whether this change was made by evil Chris, fire Chris, or vanilla Chris.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Also, I hope Chris continues to focus in on the top 1% to balance out the game. Seems like a good approach to me.

Knightguy, Alexander and MrBlight like this.
  8. null2

null2 Avatar

Are there any other swordsmen experiencing this?

The patch notes make no mention of changing the cast time on these glyphs.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=32989

@Attenwood @Chris is this a bug or intentional? Why does it take 5 times longer to cast melee glyphs now? Ranged glyphs are instant.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  9. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

trust me Turin. i feel your pain. and it always feels personal. i cant build anything without getting nerfed into oblivion.

10. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

I designed my guy with Beserk Stance, Sword Skills and Mind wipe.. all those skills took Major Nerfs. Mind wipe takes 3 times longer and can now be interupted, Beserk Stance now stops Regenration and Sword attacks take 5 Times Longer to use. Not small changes.. major major changes, all focused on me. Sure.. great job fixing things they designed after the 100 hours I put in making those skills work.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  11. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

check your PM's

Turin2 likes this.
  12. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Of all the Very Heavy Nerfing to Me Personally, the 5x longer to use my sword skills is the real killer. 5x nerfing.. thats too much and everyone knows you cant call 5x slower attack a nerf, that's a butchering.

Crowquills likes this.
  13. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Turin, mind stopping the rage. Item by item,

Sword skills weren't changed. I played for 3+ hours yesterday on my alt with a sword and saw no differences. Mind actually saying what is different instead being hyperbolic and saying sword skills take 5x as long.

Mind wipe length didn't change, what changed was it has a casting time now but the time between when you use it and when the next skill can be started didn't change.

Berserk Stance does what it has described and used to do. A while back someone split out the combat and non-combat regen and broke the damage from the berserker rage. That was the only thing I see that we are aware of changing.

Now, care to elaborate either here or somewhere else on what you are seeing?

14. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Actually, I check your playstyle, and go the opposite way, knowing the NERF MAELSTROM is nigh upon ye, while I'm safe in noobdoom for months weeks days hours to come!

Acred, moko and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  15. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Turin, I'm not at a spot where I can try it but I had several people trying mind wipe and they don't think it changed. Only sword change this release was to make rend stack up to 3 times. The light armor haste no longer stacks with berserker or reckless stance haste, is that what you're talking about?

MrBlight likes this.
  16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

mind wipe IS slower. ...not sure what's he's talking about with the slower sword skills, though, and i don't use stances to compare, but this looks like a bug.

17. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ugh. I hope if there is an actual issue, it isnt ignored by the sheer annoyance of that thread. Nothing like wasting the dev's time more then needed.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhh so I see what you were upset at when I saw you in game. Truly sorry about that. Probably so many more changes are still coming though man. I don't think we can count on things staying the same. There will be changes and after having been here for over 3 years I can say that for every time I thought it wouldn't work out it did or still will. I am still very confident it will. Sometimes I didn't have the whole picture in my mind and things didn't make sense until later when I saw more of the picture. The best we can do is remember where we are and be good to each other, give examples and remember it is not done and your feedback is valuable too. It can be frustrating sometimes doing this but it is important work and everyone is working so hard on this game and we are helping giving our time and thoughts and feedback. *cheers* and wishing you well.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Turin2 likes this.
  19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah and we needed three different rage posts to narrow down a possible bug.
    Yay? Communication +?

Fister Magee and MrBlight like this.
  20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Nah man, im a backer. Basically i can kick, scream and waste as much of their time as I want. If i was to nicely put the issue out for them to fix, it would be to easy and might actually be too productive. Theres clearly not enough garbage to cycle through as there is.
    Lol..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.