Never tried a mage before

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by 4EverLost, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

after all this time, so when I finally logged on last night and found all that lovely money for re-skilling I thought I'd give it a try. Way too much money, by the way, still have 13K left over at lvl 20 with only 1 pt left to spend :p

Anyway, I got me a wand (from the Braemar merchant) and was going to try to go off and kill some harmless bears, wolves and skeleton in South Vale, as usual. Only, when I got there and whipped out my wand, I couldn't see my hot bar. It just disappeared. I still auto-attack, I think? I mean, I seem to be firing something from the wand. And it glows like mad - nice. But I don't think it was actually doing any hocus-pocus, so to speak.

Does this mean that wands aren't working (sorry, if that's the case - I wasn't paying much attention to it because I didn't think I'd be able to support a mage on a constant basis yet given the cost)? Do the crafted ones work with a GUI? I know when I switched back to swinging a spear, it would show up with the GUI again and let me use all the mage spells. Weird though. :rolleyes:

majoria70 likes this.
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Did you

Did you create a new deck with your magic skills? Did you equip your new deck?

4EverLost and majoria70 like this.
  3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Yep, I made a new deck. Loaded up the skills and was a blank screen - no ui at all for the hotbar. Just me, firing off some kind of white light - which I know works because things die to it - eventually. Kind of makes you wonder how people can play without UIs for those not wanting to see it.:rolleyes:

And I figure it must work because when I switched to a spear, the hotbar ui came back again.

But I wasn't sure if that was suppose to be normal for a wand user - never tried one before, as I said. So, I figure I'd ask before doing a bug report.:D

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Sounds like a bug to me.

4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.