1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

New 5-Piece One-man band with recorder

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Toular, Jun 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toular

Toular Avatar

Ok, so I bought a 5-Piece one-man band from the crown store and I get a fair amount of use out of it. But, frankly, I hate the way the flute sounds (and not just in the 5-piece band, the flute itself sounds lame).

The recorder, on the other hand, I like the sound of. So, I would like to see the current 5-Piece One-man band "copied" to a new 5-Piece One-man band but with a recorder instead of the flute.

Duke Aventine and Net like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Toular. That's a great Idea. Instruments in this game are limited. Some improvements were done early on but not too much recently. Like the pipe organ is too quiet so if you sync songs in a group and one person plays the pipe organ as their instrument you really can barely hear it if at all.

3. Toular

Toular Avatar

Yeah, that pipe organ is sad. I have to crank up the volume on nearly all tracks for it. And the volume on drums down, sometimes almost all the way.

And, bass? non-existent. The pipe organ should "own" the bass clef as should the large harp, but ... well ... Nope.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well it is still fun to me to see what instruments add what to songs in groups. I sometimes use the accordion for adding a somewhat harmonica feel to a song. I especially like to play it in group with the 4 part Somebody to love song by Queen song. I think it adds a lot. One thing about this game as it is at the moment is since we have only a handful of devs who knows what can change, get fixed, get added is of course just a wishing and hoping thing imo. A lot of players just try to see what we can do with what we have.

There are several One Man Band versions as it is. The 6 Man, The 5 Man, 4 Man, and 3 Man. So someone correct me if I'm inaccurate but I think those are what were made. We can craft the 3 Man versions which you probably know. The history on this instrument was very interesting imo. Not an easy task for the team once it was promised. ;) To me it's amazing they did it.

5. Toular

Toular Avatar

I don't see a 6 piece band in the crown store. Was it perhaps a backer reward? I do see the 4-Piece One-Man Band that was given out during the 2017 Summer Telethon (Sadly, that predates my knowledge of SOTA by about 6 months)

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yeah I thought there was one for sale at one time but I could be wrong. Maybe @Elgarian could advise or @list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.