New Add-on Store Items?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maka, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka

Maka Avatar

Greetings fellow avatars! Hopefully I'm not the only one who got some Sota store credits in their stockings this year. :) They were even delivered by a small plush named "Shourd Elf!". So that led me to shopping and I hate to say it but I can't find anything that peaks my interest. When will we get some new add-on options? Anyone have any ideas that would be great additions? I don't know what new stuff I want but I want new stuff! :)

2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I would love to see add on items for player owned towns that could add to the role play themes. :)

3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Limited quantity items would be very nice to see. I don't really care what they are - Weapons, Armor, Houses, Decorations - anything limited would be nice to see.

Take the chess board for example. If it was limited, I would be much more inclined to buy one in the store however, since it is not limited, I figure I will be able to buy one in-game eventually. Granted, the same could be true for a limited quantity item, but the value would be much greater if it was limited to a run of 250 or 500 or even 1000.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Don't forget the Donkey and Llama in the Stretch Goal store!

5. Maka

Maka Avatar

Ah yes! But which one. :). I've loved pack animals since dungeon siege.

6. enderandrew

$40 gets you both and the saddlebags decoration!

7. Maka

Maka Avatar

I like the chess set but would have liked it more as a real scale thing with maybe two chairs that popped up a flat chest board and chat interface. I'd buy that.

8. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Please no.

Can we just get the game done first, at this point.

I understand the desire for decorating and all, but the amount of return on the resource sink, I can tell, it is no longer a "gain" for them.

Anyone can see that given the last 5 months growth level and the projected 6 million mark, and the fact they have thinned the team a bit to focus on the already promised content.

They simply are not going to be able to produce content, in a couple months, that will over profit the cost to make them -- at least currently with the existing schedule and goals and resources to make said stuff.

9. enderandrew

Can I tell you a secret?

A lot of the add-on store items are reskins of items they need to make for the base game anyway. It allows them to generate more revenue to pay for base development with little effort. The taming calls, tools of prosperity, pets, etc. are just reskins.

I'm all for them making more money to perhaps hire another person or two if need to finish the base game. But that can't happen unless they make more money.

10. Maka

Maka Avatar

Not only that but if things keep leaving the store and nothing gets added I'm not sure what message that sends.

11. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Yupper. Mesh reuse through texturing is done all the time.

You want a secret back? You know how much stuff is reused in Nickelodeon's shows from other shows? Tons.

But without that extra cash, we wouldn't be able to pay the designers, texture artists, lighters, and at least a comp supe to approve the look down the pipeline. :\

It sure as heck ain't close to free, but it is a good 50% or more off the normal price of a from scratch asset.

I am honestly more surprised (or maybe I should not be at this point) that texturing parallel's didn't exist in their pipe to begin with and by now we would have 5+ variants of things, all at the same time.

Just some initial saturation/texture hue shifts would have been enough to start -- unless they are planning deeper systems like Dyes -- The DYE system in ESO is hella good, and you actually unlock new dyes via accomplishments, and it costs ZERO to use the system and change stuff on the fly.

I think I would prefer a more economic driver here, but this is a tangent =p

We just need to up the avg per diem back to 10k again. It is now down to half that (5.2k).

A simple one.

We need to keep our heads down and deliver.

They simply can't do both unless they get infused cash. That is very obvious now.

And I mean 100s of thousands, like the first year of the run.

12. Maka

Maka Avatar

How about a set of stocks we can lock other players in?! I'm starting with joviex for ambushing my thread of happiness. :)

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I wanna buy a duck.

Jatvardur, Vermine, mbomber and 3 others like this.
  14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I would sell a kidney to add a moongate >.>

15. Maka

Maka Avatar

Incredible idea, talk about putting a town on the map. Probably charge 5k for a moongate.

GraveDncer likes this.
  16. Maka

Maka Avatar

I would lke a well decoration for outside. Which players can drink from to refresh focus faster for an hour.

17. Maka

Maka Avatar

For roll players how about a small campfire kit to build a fire in the wild. So when we are out and about we can stop and visit. Hopefully it isn't a pvp cannibal ambush.

18. Maka

Maka Avatar

Also vendor stands so our crafters can display their goods like the market in owls head.

Lord Baldrith and Spoon like this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

mannequin to display armour (was finally added into UO a few years back......was well over due)

20. Maka

Maka Avatar

A bedroll of prosperity? Perhaps using the latest Oracle or Chaos memory foam. We need more items everyone can use and not just homeowners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.