New Add-on Store Items?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maka, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka

Maka Avatar

You upped it to a new level my friend! :)

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  2. Maka

Maka Avatar

Not sure where to go with this one. o_O

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  3. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I want a new duck
    One that won't try to bite
    One that won't chew a hole in my socks
    One that won't quack all night

I want a new duck
    One with big webbed feet
    One that knows how to wash my car
    And keep his room real neat

One that won't raid the ice box
    One that'll stay in shape
    One that's never gonna try to migrate or escape
    Or I'll tie him up with duck tape

I want a new duck
    A mallard I think
    One that won't make a mess of my house
    Or build a nest in the bathroom sink

I want a new duck
    One that won't steal my beer
    One that won't stick his bill in my mail
    One that knows the duck stops here

One that won't drive me crazy waddling all around
    One who'll teach me how to swim and help me not to drown
    And show me how to get down
    How to get down baby

Get it?
    I want a new duck
    Not a swan or a goose
    Just a drake I can dress real cute
    Think I'm gonna name him Bruce

I want a new duck
    Not a quail or an owl
    One that won't molt to much
    One that won't smell too fowl

One that won't beg for breadcrumbs
    Hangin' around all day
    He'd better mind his manners
    Better do just what I say
    Or he's gonna be duck patte, duck patte, yah, yah

4. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Well this could be true. ;)
    Ok what id like to see in the addon store is a gardening kit. Various flowers that could be grown, vegetables for cooking, ect.

5. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

If we are gonna have garden vegetable seeds, then we should add fruit and nut trees as well.
    Farming type stuff, how about a chicken coup that you can put chickens in that will lay eggs that will hatch into baby chicks that grow up so we can eat,sell ect.
    Then do the same with other farm animals like cows for milking and beef, pigs, goats, lamas,alpacas, horses, DUCKS, worms and crickets for fishing. Man you could really make this farming thing come alive! Add some realism to the game.
    Don't forget the wagon ( can be crafted into various types for different uses)

6. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

YES!!!:)

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Oh god yes *has cold shower*

mbomber, Lord Baldrith and Maka like this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Captchas annoy people.

SWTOR required a small amount of credits to send in game mail to stop spammers.

Leos and Tahru like this.
  9. Bas Gewiel

Bas Gewiel Avatar

SWTOR also has a global type chat system to chat to people in your instance (fleet, planet surface and the like). They do have gold spammers in there.

10. enderandrew

True. I'll never understand they didn't just block people for posting about certain URLs for gold farming sites. But SotA won't have global chat, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Maka and Tahru like this.
  11. Bas Gewiel

Bas Gewiel Avatar

I am sorry to have commented off tangent from the thread, I was commenting on the SWTOR reference. If that has annoyed anyone.

Being quite new here I have not read much yet and may mention something already posted about. I think I have heard something on mailboxes in a video maybe.
    But to get back onto the Subject of "New Add-on Store Items" and with a reference to in-game mail.
    Maybe we could have Special Ornate Mail boxes. I do think everyone should have a mail box to receive mail in whatever for it takes.
    Real world mail boxes come in quite a variety from none at all where the mail is placed on the fence-line (if they are lucky),
    mail boxes that are reused cans from household items (empty - large baby food tins, plastic buckets of bleach),
    the more common little house shape, the miniature version of the house and right up to the massive large monstrosity's mail boxes.

Wether the mail comes on the form of something in the Bank-Box (PO-Box) if you don't own a property but if you do own a property you could own an ornate mail box.
    Everyone should be able to get mail but if you want to have something special you can have your choice of ornate mail boxes.

12. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Maka and Tahru like this.
  13. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I'd buy special limited dyes in a heartbeat, lol.

14. enderandrew

There is one currently for Founders at the Immortal Adventurer level. They can grow a plant for the exclusive dye, but they can also sell it to others I believe.

Tahru and Maka like this.
  15. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

That is one of the things i will secretly hate founders for owning. Stuff: i want all of it.

Tahru and Maka like this.
  16. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, my hubby gets that one. I wish I'd bought in early too, but I thought the game would be single player not multi-player online as well so I passed it up, but now bought in at Edelmann Digital since I know it's multi-player as well. Live and learn I guess :)

Tahru likes this.
  17. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I hate to say it but Joviex has a real point.

We all are very excited to get back to a Richard Garriott game. Our memories from his awesome past games are shaping our ideas about what we are going to do in this new game and the things we would like to have.

We should try to be more productive and try to come up with ideas that ALL Early Backers will buy thus increasing revenue for game design. What kind of item(s) will ALL backers buy that Portalarium WILL put into the game is the big question. The item that WILL be bought should be set up as a stretch goal. An item we pay for now but won't get for some time. As Early Backers we should stand up as a union and back what we are all waiting for. If we can do this Portalarium would be very proud of the player base and would do much more for us I can almost guarantee.

Be responsible and wise.

In many of my latest posts my big thing to talk about are items to set us as Early Backers apart from the regular crowd. When I sit in a crowd of players in five years or more I want to be known as a Early Backer and I know what I want and I think all will buy it. So let me cipher a bit on making Portalarium some cash.

Most of you were UO players in the past. You WILL buy this idea I just know it. Get your wallets ready. This is from another post I made.

Special Mounts for Early Backers.

Support your side! Team British or Team DarkStarr or buy both.

Team British:

A Large Warhorse: Three different HUGE Warhorses. Each horse with Barding and tack signifying different companies or ranks.

Team DarkStarr:

A Nightmare (similar to UO): Big, Black, full mane of hair (hollywood style), red glowing eyes, maybe a bit of flame around the hooves with awesome barding and tack to boot.

A Spectral steed: A large horse that is ghostly and spectral with barding and tack to match. When the rider is on it he/she looks ghostly and spectral as well.

A Skeletal Steed: A large skeletal steed with appropriate barding and tack. And when the player is on it they are undead looking as well.

These are the kind of things that 143,984 Early Backers will buy and generate a lot of revenue, Lets do some math. Ok I like this one:

There are 144,012 Early Backers as of 01-08-15 at 10:00 PM central. There are 6 awesome steeds listed and if we all buy one steed at $35.00 a steed that equals $5,040,420. That equals more money than all the stretch goals that Portalarium has currently. In the case of these steeds a lot of people will buy more than one at $35.00. I would buy at least two maybe three and so would most people out there. If we were able to trade ingame with non Early Backers we would buy alot more because we know they would sell like nobodies business. Just start multiplying the 5 million figure times 2 or 3 or 4 and see the revenues go up and that means content and working programmers. Sell enough and we could put Mr. Garriott into space! :D

This idea will sell to almost everyone.

But this is a stretch goal so to make this most effective we would buy it now and not see it under our player characters keesters for quite a while and in the wait we would know that content and other goodies would be made for us with awesome steeds just waiting for us on our accounts when the game goes live.

There is my pitch. Now spread the word about it and see how many likes it gets and maybe Portalarium will do it.

Joviex likes this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i think you can buy those or make those?

Maka likes this.
  19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am becoming a fan TCL, ty

The Cult Leader likes this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.