New Arm Designs that have been Approved and Guild Designs

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Ronan, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Temporary Gallery of Arms
    Our wiki is broken. The one person who can fix it is MIA. A temporary solution is the link above. Our plan is to get Grant's generator site functioning as the new gallery, but until then you are all stuck with my limited skills and time on a free site :)
    Click the image on the site and you will be linked to the largest version I had. In most cases its fine for use as avatars and on personal websites.

Added the following approved arms:

Sammanzhi - Finally got the blue black issue worked out.
    Mogul - same, the blue black issue.
    Daevin Aruth - finally got the magic symbol worked in as a charge.
    Iazon Paragon - Fixed the metal on metal issue.

Added the following Guild Arms just because they need a place too! Even though they are not going into the game at this point in time:

Britannian Mining Company

2. Poor game design

Poor game design Avatar

Ronan, I like the new page. Is that the official list now? (read: if it's not on that list it's not approved?)

3. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Basically; yes, for now Baron. Grant is getting a gallery function going for his generator, but until that is really ready, I'm just gonna post the approved arms on that weebly site.
    BUT...if Coren should magically appear...maybe he can fix the original wiki! It was way faster to post items and had search functions.

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The whole arms thing confuses the hell out of me. I think I've submitted one but I having got a clue whether it's accepted of stored anywhere.

I'm seeing different pages popping up showing galleries, I'm seeing several creation tools yet I haven't got a clue if they created the image in the correct format or not.

Without wanting to offend anyone involved, as we are getting closer and closer to the launch date of the game I honest beleive there needs to be a lot more clarity over this.

There should be a definitive FAQ page that is locked. 1 agreed tool to create the images and a definitive gallery of accepted images.

5. Poor game design

Poor game design Avatar

I second this. I think the Coat of Arms team is doing a great job, but they're making life hard on themselves and the interested community members by not standardizing the tools and the process.

6. Poor game design

Poor game design Avatar

Please add me to the gallery. :)

7. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Geesh! Not in a hurry are you :D
    Haven't you figured out how to get rid of that dark background? The link in your thread has a transparent background, do you want me to change it?

8. Poor game design

Poor game design Avatar

Yeah, all I have to work with is MS Paint. I can't figure it out.

Sorry, I'm not trying to rush you or anyone else. I'm just going to be very busy over the next few weeks. So I wanted to place a reminder before that begins. :)

9. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Baron Drocis wrote: "Ronan, I like the new page. Is that the official list now? (read: if it's not on that list it's not approved?) "

Just a clarification. :) What about all the ones here?

http://soacoa.org/wiki/Category:Persons

My understanding is that those are all approved. Your answer to Drocis sounds like you're saying only the ones on the page you linked are approved. I know it says those are the recent ones, so just wondering about your answer.

Maybe a link on the new/temp page to the other page just to avoid confusion? :)

10. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Oh Noctiflora that's a great idea! I'll add the link on the weebly site in a few mins.
    The arms listed at the wiki are good. The ones on the weebly site are the arms we have approved since the wiki broke. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

11. Bajan Grace

Bajan Grace Avatar

• Sorry, whoever was involved in your arms must have assumed someone else will take care of it. I have gone ahead and added it to our list.
    • Two galleries and two creation tools, if there's others confusing people, point 'em out, we'll clear it up.
    • I'm afraid we have two because the creator of the first set is MIA. But thanks to the generosity of Knight Grant Macgregor, we will have one for Portalarium to include in the game. I've been working closely with Grant and I can see just how much he's been doing, there really is daily activity and a large amount being done towards having a polished product. He really is going well beyond the call.
    • We are not storing your arms based on an image but rather the blazon(text), so the image that was used to get the blazon is less important than the text used to describe it, which will be the same no matter the format.
    • That has been our intention and on our agenda, but a slew of life issues have come up since then and we haven't managed it yet. I'd rather not go into more detail, since it is personal information. However I can share mine, which is my father having cancer and passing away a few weeks ago, similarly other college members are going through serious time consuming issues.
    • There is a FAQ page(which is in the works of being updated, but is still helpful), and there is 1 agreed tool, Grant's Generator. As for the gallery, it is being worked on but as soon as it's ready there will be a single gallery as well.

Anyone interested in more clarity, and to continue the previous comment about it, we currently have roughly 12 college members.
    8 of which are active on a weekly basis, more than half of which have severe life issues going on, yet still find the time to be active.
    Out of these 8, only 2 are able to code, and at the moment the generator is still at a stage where more than one pair of hands on it will only make the process more difficult.
    The rest of us are mostly artists,heralds,history buffs, etc. that are doing our best to help where we can, and, of course, spend countless hours designing and debating the community's Coat of Arms.

Please let me know if I left anything out, because I do intend on writing a quick summation for anyone who's interested, hopefully able to clarify anything that isn't clear. (I'm open to any suggestions and criticism in order to help clear this up)
    Nirantae is working on getting the FAQ updated. (She's also dealing with her fair share of life issues, not to mention all college issues.)

Arianna and Invidia (Envy) like this.
  12. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

http://sotagalleryofarms.weebly.com/

Just added more pages to the temporary site to assist everyone! I added galleries of charges...animal, combat & human, objects, and plants. Now you can see most of what we have available so far. I will not add captions to those images...waaaaaaay too much work for me. At least this can give you ideas to think about for your own arms design.

13. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

http://sotagalleryofarms.weebly.com/

Added the following Player Towns: Dawns Keep and Port Phoenix
    (Rufus, I adjusted the fess a bit before I posted it)

Added the following Player Arms: Mewel, Vermine, BlueEyed Gator, Gaelis, Invidia, Vision Openworld (Kvow)

Question: Vision Openworld (Kvow) is this a player, or a guild arms??? Can the owner respond here in this thread or a direct PM to me is fine also.

I have a few more to add...should get them in by tomorrow (01 Aug).

14. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Added the following Player Arms: Arianna and Asguard.

We have a few more to go, but they need some minor work done on them. Again, if you do not see your arms on either the weebly or wiki site, let us know! There could be many reasons like me just plain skipping over your arms cause I thought I already posted it. Another reason is the colors, or shape; for those we are working on them as we have time.

Baron Drocis...we have another hand open palm charge! I think you might like it better. I will redo your arms with the new charge sometime soon! (insert that little trademark symbol after the word soon).

Arianna likes this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Very nice. Thank you, Ronan.

Ronan likes this.
  16. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Thank you :)

Ronan likes this.
  17. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

Thanks Ronan :)

Ronan likes this.
  18. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Added player arms: Razimus.

19. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

How do I find out the status of my request?

20. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

LilPaisley, yours is in a holding pattern right now. I will let you know when we get some movement on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.