Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Britannia is so windy!

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Karrolanth, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Hopefully at some point the swaying animations will be toned down a bit - right now there seems to be far too much waving around going on, and it's not synchronised. For example in the hex type where you find elves, all the grass is swaying madly like there's a gale blowing (from two directions at once) but it doesn't all move in the same direction at the same time... it's like sections of it are being hit by the breeze at different times. Also, trees and grass are blowing around but the columns of smoke rise steadily with no indication of air moving near them.

I do like to see a bit of movement in grass and flowers and so on, to add a feeling of life to the environment, but at the moment it's a bit too over the top! :) Does anyone else find it off-putting, or am I just being too picky? ;)

tradyblix and Canterbury like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Hopefully it will depend on the state of the weather :)

3. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Well... if they put in proper weather effects at some point then great! I'd love to see rain, thunderstorms, snow and all kinds of stuff, but I don't know how long it would be before we see anything like that. (Maybe not for Episode 1, but perhaps some time?)

But I'd still like to see some consistency in the direction of movement rather than swaying back and forth like the wind changes direction every second. :) Also for the wind to affect other things such as the columns of smoke I mentioned, or tavern signs swaying, ships rocking in the water, laundry on washing lines flapping, that sort of thing. (Perhaps those things already happen, I haven't been looking specifically. It was just the smoke that we noticed so far.)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, technically we are in a valley so it is very possible the wind is changing;)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I like the flowers in R5. I think they look good. Wish I could harvest them.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.