Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Combat Focus regen rate is way too low :D

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by GrayFog, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Ok now the combat focus regen definetly is way way to low...
    Before it was too much, no doubt there! But now...

Kill 4 or 5 super light green stuff (hardened skeletons in DR for example) and rest.
    Kill 2 or 3 super light hardened footman with their buffed health 622 or something and you kinda have to rest again.

Went from 8 to 9 combat focus regen / sec down to 2 / sec.
    I believe something in the middle would have been better, 4/sec in my case, ADV. Level 97, 704 Focus unbuffed.
    Even eating something like Bear Suprise doesn't really help much now...

I don't want unlimited focus, hell no, but now combat feels kinda boring again, imo.

I don't know what you want to achieve, but the combat shouldn't be THAT slow! Expecially since you have the combat & targeting system trimmed to an action based gameplay already anyway...

I would maybe understand such an focus issue on yellow, orange or red mobs.
    But theese Undeads in DR are seriously super ultra light green, they should be grey actually :D o_O

I mean, hey, i know you somehow want us to have to use potions while in combat, such as focus potions... but already after 3 or 4 super ultra light green mobs? :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Good thing I have Aethic Feedback on all the time.

Alexander likes this.
  3. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Ok Melee in Plate have to use Aethic Feedback now? got ya :D

4. Borg

Borg Avatar

Aetheric Feedback focus regeneration bonus is not working at all atm........at least for me.

devourerofmemes and Dariog like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's because the focus regeneration is only supposed to take affect if you cast Aetheric Feedback right after scoring a critical hit with a spell.

6. Engel

Engel Avatar

Before the last patch all was ok for me now it is unplayable i have logged out :(

helomech, By Tor, Gamician and 4 others like this.
  7. Vero

Vero Avatar

It seems like a well cast Aetheric Feedback only regens focus when out of combat.

8. benhat

benhat Avatar

yes, something is messed up. food does not work.
    put away your weapon completely and see what happens to your focus regen, when your deck changes to your out of combat deck.
    something seems to be assigned wrong?
    (also posted this in bugs forum a minute ago)

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, the latest patch introduced another focus regen nerf?

Yay, another nerf. :(

helomech, By Tor, K1000 and 3 others like this.
  10. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I was frustrated and logged out too. Not really enjoy resting for 30-60 seconds every 1-2 Minutes fighting super light green stuff :/

Duke Albert, helomech, By Tor and 5 others like this.
  11. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

yeup done for awhile till next patch or devs say its intended then ill figure something out.

helomech, Widsith [MGT] and GrayFog like this.
  12. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

Yup, it's really that bad. Having to stop and regen focus way to often now...

helomech, By Tor and GrayFog like this.
  13. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

I killed one Obsidian Bear and one Elder wolf took me from 501 mana to 127 mana. I had eaten food that was supposed to generate 2.5 focus per second, It took 45 seconds to get my mana back to 501. I would agree that before it was regenerating to fast or not being used fast enough. I was even using a Deck I rebuilt using less Focus without my upper level spells since they are now totally useless. You want the definition of UN-FUN. Well here it is. WASTING MY TIME IS UN-FUN!!!!! STANDING AROND WAITING 45 SECONDS OR LONGER TO REGENERATE MANA AFTER 2 MOBS IS UN-FUN. TAKING AWAY MY ABILITY TO USE SPELLS I SPENT HOURS TRAINING IN IS UN-FUN! HAVING TO RIDE UP AND DOWN ON THIS ROLLER COASTER WHICH NEVER SEEMS TO END IS UN-FUN.

Everyone keeps saying we are trying to make this game FUN. Well this is one very strange way of showing it!

14. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Did you notice that the description or at least the behaviour went from 20 focus per sec to a bonus of 20 focus regen which is not the same thing at all :(

RIP Aetheric in R37. It gave great focus at 20 a sec but required that you not cast for 5 secs or while it was regenerating (even if that was all a bug you could/did learn a play style around it).

Alexander, Numa, Dariog and 1 other person like this.
  15. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

• Dropping the focus regen in combat to 1/5th the non-combat regen. This is 1/3rd the current value on live. Tested this at level 40 and 80 with stats set to 40 and 80 with a magic build and melee build and this value felt good without food.

These are the patch notes. It seems like combat is the same before the food changes. Dropping out of combat, the focus seems to come back fairly quickly. I also harvest resources while I wait if needed.
    I take advantage of every thing I can find like reduce fizzle, reduce focus cost, stillness bonus and extra focus from Aetheric Feedback to cope with these changes.

16. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Confirmed this. The regen is fast when Aetheric Feedback is cast after a crit, but only when you go out of combat. At this point, the greater and imbud focus potions may become more relevant here, especially when used during combat.

Veronique of Lowlands and Numa like this.
  17. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

• Dropping the focus regen in combat to 1/5th the non-combat regen. This is 1/3rd the current value on live. Tested this at level 40 and 80 with stats set to 40 and 80 with a magic build and melee build and this value felt good without food.
    For crafting a nice rug maybe... for melee this is way too low. If food combat regen were the same as food non-combat regen this might work.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  18. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

it does feel right... back to where it was before, where I actually ever ran out of focus fighting 6 yellows at once ...w/no buffs active.

now I actually have to pay attention to what skill I use, when I use it, as before I could just spam everything infinitely basically.

and the focus regen OUT of combat seems just right, when you consider how much food can help.

19. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

took a nap and tried again.

its ok.

I have to pay a lot more attention to my focus now but I can work it out.

we really need the devs to take a look at potion cost tho so it makes economic sense to use them.

20. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I honestly feel the regen rate is a lot worse now, as my skills are primarily air, the already expensive cost of focus per cast is HIGH and now that I can no longer use tap soul to get my focus back. this new change really hurts me.

helomech, GrayFog, Woftam and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.