Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New conversation interface

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by enderandrew, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

No one said it wasn't going to happen, just doubts about it happening. And that was a single person.

If the same thing is being repeated over and over and over, then some people may have a genuine concern that is not being addressed, or you guys have not made it clear what direction something is going.

As a developer there is little point getting frustrated over user forum opinions, unless there is some additional fore knowledge contributing to that frustration.

LoneStranger likes this.
  2. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Lum, your response in the initial converastion was
    Bubonic, we may get to that point eventually (at a minimum, each NPC will have their own tab within the main window, and I'll try to push for U7-style presentation on it) but not immediately.

You absolutely did say you want to make that happen. But with everything on the teams' plate, and with the included disclaimer "we may get to that point eventually" as well as "i'll try to push for u7-style presentation", that leaves plenty of room for doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the situation you're in, but I'm just being realistic. No need to get offended or frustrated.

LoneStranger likes this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Great to hear - again - that you plan to include portraits or some other form of interesting conversation interface to know who you are talking to in the game :)

One point off the list (conversation interface), two more to go (overland map and complex companions). Then Darkmoon would be very, very happy :)

tradyblix likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Even the devs are starting to lose it lol

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well is it any wonder? some of the posts state the same thing in every thread even if it has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

NRaas likes this.
  6. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

except this was on topic.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Game is getting good don't give up yet ! The forums are a fast track to getting mad hahah

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

What's going to happen when what isn't delivered is what you expected? You seem to be perceiving that your vision is going to be implementers gospel. If the interface, even with portraits isn't to your liking, what then?

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

New forum thread :)

rune_74 and jiirc like this.
  10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I just want what has been said and shown during the Kickstarter campaign and sometime thereafter. So I am not wanting something that has never been announced.
    And as long as the conversation interface is implemented in a way so that I can really talk to NPCs with looking and focusing at them I am happy. And I am sure that if they implement portraits that they will look great with all of the art that has been shown so far.

But tradyblix is right, this does not belong here :)

Joviex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.