New COTO hustle

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Arn Magnusson, Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Not necessarily to make the subscription more attractive, but to basically encourage players to pay the same price as the subscription even if they don't do the subscription...

Now you're paying the same $ amount whether you get a subscription or not, because of the COTO bundle price. Its going to be $9 instead of $10 because of sales on the COTO bundle, so its the same price.The only way you get around this is buying stuff you don't need like $5 extra character slots, or 3 chat orbs you can't trade.

Ironically, its going to lead me to spend less. When I got an extra account with SeedInvest, I figured I'd do what others were doing and get the stretch goal items on the extra account. This led me to spend over $10 usually because I had to fit my purchase to the price of add-on items. Now its not affordable anymore, there's less benefit, and now I can buy the COTOs in a discrete price.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah. Well. What can i tell you?

Store & Crowns: Please read about important upcoming changes!

4th paragraph. That is kind of intended.

Oh and:
    Store & Crowns: Please read about important upcoming changes!

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh ok, well its not something I care much about from my point of benefit; just noting the impact.

Honestly, I think the game would be much better if there was less focus on rewards in total, whether we're talking about rares or add-on stuff, and much more was in the crafting economy. I think its silly for a game when you buy fishing nets with crowns in store instead of crafting them. And at least the fact that were some people getting the rewards in bulk put them in the economy and made them accessible. It allowed me to obtain something if I had missed a telethon or if I needed an extra item.

Whether it really accomplishes what people want; either making the game economy healthier, or increasing revenue, is going to be something yet to be seen.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I fully agree with you on that.
    Was anyway just a post for your information ^^

redfish likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

[​IMG]

Jaesun and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know it sounds bad and is confusing for some but really with the conversion why ever they chose to do it we can look at it like now the old 1 coto=100 cotos. So anyone who had 1 coto on them it became 100 when the conversion happened. That was difficult to wrap my mind around at first and I still have to calculate a little to do the new math. It is definitely taking some time to get used to. I still as mentioned do not use those cotos on even good equipment until I can't stand it anymore. I just do minor repairs, but what am I saying I don't have that good of equipment anyway but I am working my crafting up so I make my own usually.

Arn Magnusson likes this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.