New Daily Quests!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfred, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Sounds like Elgarion may be working on some new daily quests!

Elgarion talked about possibly adding more daily quests in his Twitch stream today.
    Starting about 0:43:40

(Free to Play) Adventures in New Britannia!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/598359579

Elgarion and majoria70 like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That's great. Thanks Wilfred. I think every scene needs to tell a story and we definitely need more tasks, lore, and story in this game.

3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Keep in mind Sannio is humoring me, and I'll be trying to make some quests. He spent some time with me to get me organized with what to provide. Hopefully, when I get good at it, it'll be a simple copy and pastes, and voila. We'll see ;) Whether he likes them, approves them, and places them into the game is yet to be determined. I hoped to start writing my first few yesterday, but Customer Service tickets took longer than expected. I had 2 tough ones. Today will be my first attempt, haha. If successful, hopefully these dailies will offer a variety of ways to turn-in mundane loot for XP rewards and integrate well with the virtue system, which Sannio plans to give lots of love in EP2 lands. Many of these, I think he plans to put into EP2 areas, but hopefully he'll sneak some into the EP1 lands early as well. For me? This is super exciting. If I'm allowed to get involved, I can do creative stuff with the team, and it will likely become the most rewarding part of my day when I get to work on such things :)

More to come ;)

Rentier, Asclepius, Wilfred and 3 others like this.
  4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Maybe a new NPC called "Civic Officer" placed at all/most NPC taverns and a Customisable NPC wearing the same outfit/garb and place him in our Taverns or Town Halls.

Knowing there's always going to be a quest hub in a town will easily lead people to these daily quests and any player made quests available in the local area. Great way to Make Taverns Great Again!

An example of Trash powered daily quests could be as simple as considering it as Recycling. Im sure a Shipping Yard (Elads Lighthouse *cough*) or such would find the stuff from players valuable... Daily quests attached to local town industries is a cool idea too.

But yeah, I think hooking Taverns into this is a great oppurtunity, and it could lead to good things!

//
    Daily's could have tiers too, easy local scene game loop tasks or big distant infamous quests.
    If giving trash to a local industry is an idea the devs go with, this could be the type of operations factional warfare could interact with.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  5. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Yeah, this is an exciting development. Quest hubs linked with Taverns and other places to socialize could open up some awesome opportunities to build our community and offer players more horizontal progression activities.

Elgarion, majoria70 and craftymethod like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

that would be swell. more quests are always welcomed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.