Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Dye in Addon forced my hand at changing my avatar!

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Waxillium, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swan

Swan Avatar

all the glitter and glow is burning my eyes

next step probably wearable necklace that makes air around you glitter -.-

Acred likes this.
  2. lollie

lollie Avatar

3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I'm sure many people like this sort of rotating neon 'bling', and it'll likely raise useful funds for the game so it has a few plus sides to it - but honestly, to me it rubbishes the idea of "the immersive world and lore" that they said would be New Britannia. But apparently from the tone of assorted comments 'immersion' is to be mocked as a concept, so that's pretty much what I see as a future path for the store, alongside more consistent things that actually fit in the game ethos and environment as they have described it. Those, I'll buy - this sort of stuff, well good luck to those who like it, go ahead and enjoy it!

I'd really love a filter on my client though, so people who want this sort of thing can have it, but us more boring types who would rather not have clothing that's glowing, sparkling or looking like scrolling neon migrane inducers 'illuminating' the world can avoid it...

Swan likes this.
  4. lollie

lollie Avatar

The sparkling on some clothes colours is actually quite subtle, just imagine they're sequins or tiny crystals...women wear dresses like that all the time at evening.

5. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

True enough - but the complete absence of anything even remotely similar across the rest of New Britannia still leaves me thinking this isn't really part of that world. We might wear sequinned sparkly items in out relatively modern technologically (relatively) sophisticated world, but it just feels rather wrong, to me, in the context of Novia. One of the worst cliches in badly written fantasy is when something is there without any deeper 'justification' than 'a wizard did it', it's usually a sign that it was thrown in because it made a nice story or just looks 'cool', and some of these dyes make me think the same thinking will be used to make these strange things 'fit' in the New Brittanian world, when really, they don't.

Swan likes this.
  6. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I think this Add on Store Item made it to rank 1 of the items that make me shake my head and "I need to log back into Skyrim to remember what a believable game world is".
    But the Game has crossed already the line of no return long ago for me in regards to that.

But we all have different tastes. And i am sure some will love the attention they get with this.

:)

7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Hey now, remember there were male and female singers,actors that wore sparkly from time to time. Done correctly, it can be a nice look if it is not overdone.

8. lollie

lollie Avatar

[​IMG]

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

This is town wear and I am truly amazed of how good of a job they did on it, well I shouldn't have been, but when I heard of all the glitter and sparkles even though I love town wear and wanted more, I thought hmmm maybe some of it would be a bit irritating to look at, but they did a fantastic job on it. If some are criticizing the stuff having not looked at it then take a look first. ;) for example the new harem outfit wow the sheen on it is really believable. Very great artwork and implementation by Port. It is truly lovely work.

The flaming bagpipes are fantastic. It even has a little can on the side for fuel/like propane tank, wow and the metal has a metal sheen to it, it is really wow ;). Yes and this is a social game as well. I play all of the game. Sometimes social, sometimes resource collecting, sometimes questing which is more the thing I'm waiting on to get more implementation, and hunting with friends and I've even pvp'd a time or two. ;)

Oh and on topic ;) the new dyes are a fun addition imo and really important to allow players to look unique ;) I'm still missing dye tubs though as UO had them ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.