Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Fishing opportunities.

Discussion in 'Release 60 Feedback' started by Remescao, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remescao

Remescao Avatar

I've been enjoying the new fish, and fishing with the community post R60. While my hook was in the water I'd mention over universal or party chat things I'd like to see. Twice I was encouraged to share my ideas on the forums.

1] During the Fishing expedition at the island atoll I mentioned fishing overland random encounters. While travelling near water (any kind), there would be a splashing sound, and a water disturbance (perhaps with some sparkles) that a character could interact with if they chose. Using the basic biomes, make a map of each type with some water. Sandy shore could be salt or fresh. There could be enemies to interfere giving a slightly better chance at catching, or maybe just a peaceful interlude to unwind.

2] During a day in a party at Radio City, fishing for Titania's contest, someone mentioned a visual signal to show what kind of water you were fishing in. Another mentioned the fishing symbol that shows where your hook was and I had an idea... Right now there are two types of symbols. Blue=this spot is good. Red=not good (too far, not deep enough, etc). How about we keep red as not good, but change the good symbol by water type: Fetid = white/light gray. Fresh would be the usual blue, Salt a clear light green. Lava bright yellow, etc.

The goal would be for maximum contrast by type. Fresh is usually shallow enough you can see the water's bed, so blue works. Salt water is usually deep and blue so green to contrast. Fetid is dull natural colors so something clean there. Red would work for lava, but it's already being used, so yellow (or swap with fetid if lava has a lot of yellow in it).

Ultimately there might be a way to signify the best kind of bait by water type with this system?

Just some thoughts for the dev's to consider.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.