New game: Grinding of the Avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bahamut Arc, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Hey, did you guys heard about a new game out there called Grinding o the Avatar? Or is it Shroud of the Grinding? Not sure.
    Anyway, Its about an ever grinding game that there is no skillcap and you need to farm exp, forever.
    Let me talk about the game:
    -Craft is badass: You need to farm lots and lots of basic craft items and you will be grandmaster in no time (no, really, you just need to be unemployed to advance crafting at a respectable rate).
    -Fight is really enjoyable: You can kill wolves, spiders, undeads, kobolds, Satyr and brigands forever. believe me! Im doing it for more than 3 years now! Well, you can kill some bosses out there too like a Dragon(3 min repop but i killed him 25x last time and he dropped nothing good) or the daemon (25 min repop and also nothing good anymore), but dont worry about bosses, you can just kill everything else you want(wolves, spiders, etc, dont ask for more) and those will give you better exp and gold coins.
    -If you need help, ask: Well, not in the game, you wont see players easily out there. You need to open the forums, open discord, opening anything else that isnt the in game chat for new players(well, you can use a /zone chat but no one at the amazing tutorial can hear you and you are poor to have a nobles chat(i say noble but its a vendor chat).
    -Housing: Alright!! Housing!! You can have a home, dont feel sad that all the official good cities out there dont have more room for you, but hey, you can pay 200$ and buy a Lot... then you need to pay 500$more because all the places are taken by players with 10+ houses. But dont feel sad, you just need to try harder.
    -Economy: Ok, thats the only weak point in the game. someone out there wants to punish the ones that live to craft but instead everyone else gets hurts. I guess its ok not having skillcaps at all, lets just make the game eternal grinding,(no really, eternal)
    -Enemies Treasures: THATS GREAT! The Balrog out there that killed the the most powerful mage in the middle-earth drops around 80 gold coins and an imp dropped 68. Silly imp)
    -Grinding: Did i already told you guys about the grinding? Because its forever. You wont have time to have jobs or family anymore, but dont you worry. With the no skillcap thing and eternal grinding, you wont need human interactions anymore.
    -Exp Decay: Devs from the Grinding of the Avatar are born genius. If you dont have skillcaps and have a looonnnnggg eternal grinding, you need to punish those trying to have fun in the game not killing wolves, right? Then lets take away the hard earned exp from you guys, so you can play forever the game. You dont need to stop playing because you reached a cap out there, just keep playing.. yes... keep playing and forget about the real world.. while you are playing forever dont forget to buy this new butterfly pet and rainbow emote they have.
    -Devs: I love them all. No matter how many times we post that we dont like that much Grinding(a little is ok), they dont care and they will ignore you. Thats great. They are losing players everyday to even new games out there but they dont care. They want you grinding forever in this game. You dont need other games, job or family. Thats the greatest thing about the Grinding of the Avatar.

I already told my kid that he wont having me today cause i need to farm more 5.000 golds so i can level up enchant a little bit more, well, not sure why im doing it because we will have craft decay too, but ohh boyyy, this is Grinding of the Avatar, right?
    See you in the game!

2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Hahaha - I love how you transitioned to italic typeface!

But seriously, you forgot what happens when you ask for help... support ticket with copy/paste from logs and proof or bug report with links and pictures...

working as intended :D

3. MongooseOne

MongooseOne Avatar

It's a matter of perception.

4. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

hahaha =P

5. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

I Know it is, and im sure anyone here will be playing Grinding of the Avatar until forever, or until we die. Maybe from not eating food while playing

6. Cliquet

Cliquet Avatar

I feel the same way, I'm tired of grinding, and still barely having 10 skills gm, I have more than 1000 hours playing and very few of them dedicated to crafting, still missing much adventurer XP to gm some skills. I can not even imagine how many hours I still need to be able to have skills beyond 120 or 200

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I mean... the fact is that I agree with you. I grind a lot.

But what MMO is different? This is what has evolved over the past 20 years and its really what its all about. We all grind in life. I grind every day at work :)

Hell, even decorating my huge house is a grind, I need to place like 3200 things perfectly.

When ever someone complains about grinding (including myself), I ask... how would you build your MMO differently.

Grinding score:

Skyrim: yup
    FallOut 4: yup
    UO: yup
    EQ: yup
    Wow: yup
    DAOC: yup (oh god, the trees at lvl 46+)
    eq2: yup
    Dragon Ages: yup
    ESO: yup
    GW2: yup
    etc.... etc... etc...

Many much worse then SOTA BTW.

8. Schneider DragonFang

Schneider DragonFang Avatar

The grind reminds me a lot of the grind of Ultima Online.
    And I believe the grind in Sota is actual easier compared to UO.

The only way I could get tired of the grind, is if I used certain mechanics of scenes to my advantage. Thus building up a xp pool so large that the grind is obsolete.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I find this OP to be wildly inaccurate

Vrunk Hrrk, Retro, Time Lord and 4 others like this.
  10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ill note that one of my best buds in this game has been playing for a long long time and he doesn't even grind at all. Hes a mason, he runs around an helps people build incredible stone based structures all over our lots. He rarely goes out and kills mobs and he LOVES doing it. So the game can be what you make out of it.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This is why I stopped playing a lot of games, including any single player game that I feel is blocking progress through the grind. Also includes much of SotA. It's not Port's fault, this is how the genre developed, and will remain until someone does step 2 below.

First step, they need to make the grind fun and rewarding. It might be rewarding to some, but to some of us it isn't worth the trouble. This has been improving and will likely continue every month (think back to last August.)

Second step, completely revolutionize RPG's as we know them, throwing away every preconceived notion and genre trope. Can't blame them for not nailing this, it's kind of hard. Maybe in Episode 2. ;)

12. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Some definite salt in there but a lot of it is true.

There is better reward from killing 100 small things than killing 100 big things. And your max earn rate barely changes once you can hunt in a 3 skill zone.

No interesting loot because crafters don't like to have their toes stepped on.

A death penalty that eats large chunks of progression if you are logged off for a full day but then resets to nothing while you are still playing (I know. Don't give them any ideas). It just needs to be removed entirely.

I don't mind grinding. But sota ensures that the grinding is for too little fun and progression in return.

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Human controlled dynamic in-game quests and story driven events run by volunteers.

Only with constant human input can you create dynamic content that is always fresh, immersive, and engaging as well as rewarding while avoiding exploits found in automated processes.

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

And a matter of attitude and playstyle!

15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Add RPG to MMO and I tell you ;)

16. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

The grind is kind of why I can't play MMOs anymore, and I really want to play this game, but I half expect to become like one of the victims in a Doctor Who episode -- if you keep grinding, then the Deep Vein Thrombosis Monster will send its Embolus Spawn up your leg to your lungs, and then you collapse in a heap at your desk. Then @Time Lord shows up with Christopher Walken's character from The Deer Hunter as his new companion and they state that they were too late because you, the player, would have been better off playing Russian Roulette rather than sitting at your desk grinding away at an MMO. Then some plot hole happens and the real culprit turns out to be a cluster of miniaturized Daleks who somehow materialized in your leg, thus letting the Devs off the hook for making such a grindy game.

17. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

The problem is the grinding system in Grinding of the Avatar that there isnt an end.

Everything here have a cap, so you dont need to grind forever, Like i said, a Little Grinding is ok, but this here is beyond limits. Even life and work have a cap. You will die! Never played a game with that much grinding like Grinding of the Avatar. Really, never, and those that needs really make you grind, have a cap, so you know when you "are there" with grinding.

18. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

There's only one way of getting off this wheel....

Mhtic, Sator Faryn, Time Lord and 4 others like this.
  19. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I reached a point a few months ago, where it stopped being a game/adventure, just a time sink.

If Shroud has to be a grind, there has to be something that keeps our morale up, a positive feeling along with the time sink is missing.

20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Cap yourself, step out of Babylon

Time Lord and Kambrius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.