New game: Grinding of the Avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bahamut Arc, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Find a compromise , singleparent man, age 40, 2 dogs, 1 sidecar :D

Thisted Denmark without Dogs, they don't like AmStaff there :p
    [​IMG]

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

My Son is also a single parent. Looking Good Dad! :)
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:)

3. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

+1 to "Just don't grind and play the game."

Just because you can reach Skill LvL 200, this doesn't mean you have to. Just because you can have 100 GMs, this doesn't mean you have to. Do what ever is fun for you. Don't do what you don't like.
    This is no game where you have to rush to Skill Cap in the first month to be able to enjoy the End Game Content. This game shall provide you with content on all levels.

Mhtic, Retro, Boris Mondragon and 7 others like this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Exactly, but not always easy to pull yourself out of the race, if a lot of people focus this.
    I finally made it and i am happy with it ;)

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I have to agree with you sir!

GrayFog, Kaisa, Arc and 3 others like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I am a big fan of skills taking a long time to level but not so much with stuff i actully do. Gathering,crafting travel. Etc.

6 months to 80 in blades cool, 5 mins for 3 ore ;(

When I play I need to feel like im spendinh my time wisley, watching the crafting table while smelting 2000 ore for an hour isnt a good use of my time or much fun. Also meticulous collection is cool but much cooler if each one was faster getting 10 feels punishing even though ur getting more ore.

As far as the mine nerf goes I actually agree with it. It should be a dungeon!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Reminds me of UO's Siege Perilous Shard when it first opened.
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Happy good ole days

Ravicus Domdred, Kaisa and Time Lord like this.
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I guess only time will tell what happens to the two remaining uncloned mines and how aggressive the devs get. If they make it like a dungeon etc, then the price of ores will skyrocket and that could be thier intent. I will mine the hell out of Elysium until that happens and maybe stockpile the ore. R/Boris/El Pirata

10. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

I dont mind either. What i mind is a forever grinding system where you take forever to level something and, dont you worry, you will lose that hard earned exp because we want you to kill wolves or play "The Sims" in the game. Dont you dare adventure mister. Most players here are saying that i should play the game with other perspective: helping people, constructing things, saying hello to the neighborhood and i should only do things in the game that i enjoy. Well, they arent really wrong but... i enjoy killing stuff, questing for stuff, adventure in hard places. I know a lot of people really will agree. If i want to stay at the game, looking to the trees and bees, cuddling with people, well, i could do it in the real life. Im playing a fantasy game. I want to kill a Sorcerer, invade a cave full of ogres and call their mom Ugly, run to the encounter of a Beholder and poke it with a short stick. Thats fun for me.

11. Retro

Retro Avatar

I really wish they would remove the term "GM" from the game...When will people finally realize there is absolutely no need to GM skills (exception crafting)
    Nothing magical happens when you GM a skill, except you wasted a boat load of XP, others can now learn it faster when they group with you and bragging rights.

@Cliquet you have on average about 5 more GM's, then some of the VERY best players in the game!

I was grouped with some of the best players in the game yesterday at the EVL PVP event, I had the most GM's by far (10), we are all around the same ADV level and all of them would absolutely destroy me in a fight.

http://evlguild.com/virtue-league/
    Season 5 2nd runner up has 5GM's, 2 of which are crafting related, 3 are Ranged (which he doesn't use anymore)
    3rd place runner up has 30+GM's...you don't need GM's to be competitive...

Bottom line...get skills to 80ish, GM a few, and stop worrying about falling behind...its all in your head.

12. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Ah ha! But what it is GMs do exactly... hmmm, they help people achieve their grind goals quicker. :D

solo player = grind
    solo player + multiplayer = bonus to grind faster
    solo player + multiplayer + PVP flag = extra bonus to grind even faster
    solo player (joins party) + multiplayer + PVP flag + GM's in the party = fastest most bestest grind leveling party time in game

13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This is a reward that's seldom mentioned. Later in our game, we may be tending more toward a player based economy.
    The sieges were a very good addition, but I do think they have more in mind than just those coming. I think the sieges were done well "because everyone will have to travel through those.
    They've still got that weird economy coming up which will effect drops from all that and also their strange way of presenting cycles of stuff.

[​IMG]

This may be a subject for new thread I'm bringing up here,
    But I'd like to see sparkles (or something) come off the chrs that are killing the most, crafting the most, most pvp kills, or anything within the lines of using one of Chris's list of odd or note worthy fact list of statistics. I don't know what reward that could bring with it that would be appropriate, but I think it's something to think about.

Yep:)! ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

14. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

If fact one of his original structures was moved to owls head next to the bridge as you enter the town. He was back last night tweaking the church.

So many cool things to do that don't involve grinding

Stundorn, Time Lord and 2112Starman like this.
  15. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yup, that's my goal (getting all my skills in the 80s by launch) ;) I believe in slow, but steady progress (most of my skills are in the 60s and 70s with a few in the 80s) :) The only thing I miss about NOT having GM skills is the ability to participate in PvP tournaments :(

16. Retro

Retro Avatar

As I stated in my post above the 2nd place runner up in season 5 Virtue league PVP tournament has NO GM's that contributed towards their high standing (exception Enchanting ~ but that's crafting...However referring directly to Adventure skill GM's, he has 3 in ranged which he does not use in PVP)
    So you definitely can participate in PVP tournaments, I need to start doing so myself ;) :oops:

and I'm with you on the most skill to 70-80ish (at least the magic skills, not so much the melee), all the sweet attunement ;) it's basically our guild philosophy.

17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Don't we need gm all skills in a tree to get 100 Atunement?
    And isn't this vital for beeing competetive, even more attunement by going further after 100 and add equip to raise atunement?

Ravicus Domdred and Time Lord like this.
  18. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Where comes the granite from?

Ravicus Domdred and Time Lord like this.
  19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Same here

20. Retro

Retro Avatar

That's how you get 100 attunement, "needing" 100 attunement before gear is factored in is another question...and I would say no.

Apparently it's not "vital" based on my anecdotal evidence above. Yes the more attunement the better in most cases, but it's not the only or even most important factor imho...practice is. (referring to being competitive in PVP)

Stundorn and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.