1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Housing FAQ and Housing Article on Polygon

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

Hmm.. Are they? I wasnt aiming for that, but if thats the case, thats awesome!

Koldar, OSullivan and Gunga Din [Pax] like this.
  2. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

@Sir StileTeckel,

Oh my, this is embarrasing because I was actually indirectly responding to InsaneMembrane's post above mine but was in a hurry and didn't bother to quote the post since it was a musing on my part and not a direct response. So if for any reason you considered my off-the-cuff remark as a gibe to a particular opinion you hold which might have compelled you to have to ( I'm perhaps using this word incorrectly) validate your interest in Portalarium, SotA, or anything Ultima, then I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Koldar likes this.
  3. stile

stile Avatar

Bah, no apologies necessary. And you'll find i never get bothered or upset by anything in forums. *grins* i just saw it as an opportunity to ramble a bit *winks*

Koldar likes this.
  4. Jack_Daniels

Jack_Daniels Avatar

Maybe i am not reading this right but can i get some help here please.
    i am thinking of buying a land dead and a hous to put it on.
    1) i buy these from the store this is around 200$ am i going to actually have a place to put it (don't care where) or will i be stuck running around with these in my pack tell the end of days cause i bought them but everyone took all the land befor i logged in?
    2)is there any idea how much taxes will be to keep my home and how hard it will be to pay it?
    3) will the system alow for like UO where i could lock up my stuff but still alow anyone in my home to access venders i put in the home.
    4) last but not least will i need another plot of land for a guild hall or can i make my home my guild hall?
    sorry if these questions were answered but i did not see them if they were
    i donated at kickstarter and would love to but a plot and house but 200$ isn't a small amount to put in to not actually get the item and not beable to use it as long as i actually have a place to put it even if it is at the end of the world i don't care but if i pay for it and never get a chance to use it that doesn't seem fair to me.

5. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Jack,
    1. There will be a plot of land for you to claim, and for you to put the house on. The plots in the store are reserved for this purpose.
    2. We don't know about taxes yet, but I'm sure they'll be affordable. They're aiming at the casual market.
    3. They've said they will have property permissions and whatnot, but we don't know details. But I think the answer here is that your stuff will be safe, and you'll be able to make your vendor available without risking your belongings.
    4. They've talked about having separate guild halls, but we don't know details yet.

Fireangel and rild like this.
  6. TigerKhan

TigerKhan Avatar

I'm going to buy a cook table and butchers table for sure in the house haha, going to work on my cooking skills like in UO

rild likes this.
  7. Jack_Daniels

Jack_Daniels Avatar

thx for your responce that helped clear up alot of my worry looks like i will be buying a plot and tower....or maybe a viking hall arg both look awsome

TigerKhan, Fireangel and rild like this.
  8. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

Similarly, the Wright brothers' first powered flight only managed a lousy 120 feet, which ultimately led to their defeat in the aerospace industry.

Seriously, did you type the words "UO's defeat in the MMO marketplace" with a straight face?

o_O

OSullivan and licemeat like this.
  9. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

DarkStarr / FireLotus you may not be the person I need to ask about this. I have two questions about the tower homes that are in the add-on store. Specifically, my questions applies to the village model. In the image that shows the full tower, face on, there are three upper-floor terraces that I can see: one up a little ways to the left, one wrapped around the middle, and one further down on the right.

[​IMG]

Will all of three of these terraces be accessible or is just one of them the 'outdoor deck' that is mentioned in the description?

Will the tower that stretches up to the right be accessible?

As a side note for future updates, I think that a video walk-through of the houses might help more people decide if they want to jump on purchasing them. It's hard to get a feel for the house's size and functionality without seeing an avatar walk through it. Take this tower for example. I like the exterior design of it, and the pictures of the inside look pretty good too. But without seeing an avatar walking through it, it is hard to judge how large or accessible the interior is. It's hard to figure out if it is an investment I want to make with the information supplied.

As a side side note, if you guys are too busy to record a video of a walkthrough, I would like to volunteer my services to record a video of an avatar walking through the home. :)

Thanks!

10. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

+1 for video walkthroughs. :)

11. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

I second video walkthroughs as well.

Koldar and Vyrinor like this.
  12. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Video walkthroughs would be amazing. Especially something with a 'complicated' layout like the basements. I stared at the image for -hours- trying to figure out the layout, and my main question is still a question after hours of contemplation lol

Koldar likes this.
  13. rild

rild Avatar

Shroud of the Realtor

14. Espada

Espada Avatar

How about, "Real Estate of the Avatar" ? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

15. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Perhaps in the Alpha there will be all the houses that are currently availabe set out for us to freely walk through so we can judge for ourselves, since we then still have time to buy them before release

TigerKhan and Koldar like this.
  16. rild

rild Avatar

I'm going to start referring to real life as Downtime of the Avatar :D

17. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm hoping for that too. The one advantage to them having walkthrough videos right now would be for people to take advantage of the sale price.

18. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, in the MMORPG interview with Richard @ NYCC, he said the "prototype" they'll be releasing at the end of the year (I'm guessing he meant Alpha) will let you buy a house and decorate it, but no further detail was provided as to how many houses, which ones, etc. But it appears to be coming...

19. Escanaba

Escanaba Avatar

I would like to see all the house before doing walk thoughts.

20. Montesquieu Paine

Montesquieu Paine Avatar

Coming up soon -- "Living Spaces of the Titled and Fabulous!"

rild likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.