New? Just Returning? Looking for guidance or help? We can help!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by WrathPhoenix, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Greetings to all new and returning players of Shroud of the Avatar!

Are you looking for a little advice in game? Always remember you can call up searches on the wiki by using /sotawiki (term you want to search for)/ (Gentile Reminder: While SotA is in development, the wiki does often get outdated - but it'a always a good place to start!)

Also: You can always start with the "Player Help Center" page by typing /sotawiki phc - this will quick link you to some tips and a few names of players you might reach out to in order to get started.

Looking to find your way around? Try www.sotamap.com for the map of the world.

Looking to find some up to date crafting recipes? www.sotacraft.com is a great place to start!

And finally, if you're looking to ask a question to the hospitallers - a group of players dedicated to helping other players out in the game - you can start at www.sotahelp.org. We will try to respond ASAP to help you out. You can even file a request for in-game assistance and our closest hospitaller will work their way to you as soon as they can.

If you /friend Kazyn Phoenixfyre in game and send me a PM i will also happily volunteer to walk you through any of these things or provide you with some more links you may be interested in for getting to know the game and community better.

2. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

3. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Thank you Jynx!

4. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Always happy to help with questions in game! Just /w Justyn!

Cordelayne, Leelu and Berek like this.
  5. Toria

Toria Avatar

Anyone else having issues with the website? Perhaps it is just me on the iPad, but the pages are only partially loading. :(

Gadfrey Zukes and Leelu like this.
  6. Min

Min Avatar

Thanks!

7. ckatra

ckatra Avatar

I'm having a hard time completing the most minor of quests. I'm looking for the iron sword in East perennial but I only get rusty swords. Is this a bug am I supposed to be in single player vs multiplayer. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Also where can we buy weapons in game? Thanks

8. Womby

Womby Avatar

Most of the skeletons drop rusty swords, but if you persist you will encounter one that drops an iron sword.

Weapons can be purchased from private vendors (expensive but generally more powerful) or from some NPC merchants that you can find inside stores.

ckatra likes this.
  9. ckatra

ckatra Avatar

Ok I will keep trying.

Acred likes this.
  10. shadowvice

shadowvice Avatar

This may not be the right place to post this. I will happily change it if I need to. I'm looking to invest in my first bundle. Yet before I do, does the pledge of early adopters count towards an upgrade of an existing bundle of some kind? I know I'm outside the window of upgrading my pledge but I just want to make sure I am not missing anything. Thank you for your help!!!

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

They do not. Bundles are a completely different beast.

But if you have both a pledge and a bundle on the same account, then things like Bank Storage Slots are addative, so you get them both from the pledge and from the bundle.

12. shadowvice

shadowvice Avatar

Thank you very much Spoon!

Spoon likes this.
  13. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

On again...
    Having just watched a non-melee character (YouTube video) take on a large group of high level Mob's I am wondering if any melee character is worth pursuing?
    It seems Kiting with AOE is where it is at!
    Comments/Thoughts?

p.s. - I frequently play solo

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  14. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I have no problems taking on a group of high level mobs. I use a 2H sword with plate. Augment my defense with Healing Grace, Defensive Stance, and Glancing Blows. Body Slam works wonders when it comes to stunning enemies that are a threat. Melee is very viable.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  15. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

TY for the input

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Might be the kind of monster you are fighting, don't just stay in one place. Make sure you are fighting both bones and bandits. It's not a common drop, but it's not really rare, either.
    For basic weapons, look for the various town NPCs, otherwise look on pubic vendors and private vendors to see what people have for sale. You may need to go to one of the few "popular" cities though, currently Owl's Head is still "the" main city because of habit, since it was the first big city.

17. Drexorn

Drexorn Avatar

I'm jumping back in for the first time in over 2 years. So I got this bonesteel dagger from a burning village and the quest is bring it to a local blacksmith in Aerie. I started exploring, clicking on blue sparkly things and ended up on the other side of the world. 2 hours later I got back to Aerie (thanks for the map link, still took 2 hours walking across the map!) I spoke to a blacksmith but he said he didn't know anything about it. Honestly, this feels just like my job ;)

I haven't found any other side quests either, am I doing something wrong?

Really digging the music, and the fact that your skill bar isn't a jumble of stuff that randomly pops up anymore.

Berek likes this.
  18. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome back Drexorn! Did you try to give it to him?

19. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

There are... 3 blacksmiths in Aerie, I think. Only one of them has the expertise you need.
    Look for Kyle Behrand

20. Drexorn

Drexorn Avatar

Yep, I was at the wrong guy - found it! thanks!

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.