Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

new lootbox

Discussion in 'Release 57 QA Feedback' started by Alley Oop, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is pretty, but i have rather a small screen. in the best place for it, i have to scroll if there's more than four things in the box. gimme the small one back, please.

[​IMG]

amarious likes this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

ooh I like the look of that. Why do you have such a small screen? :p

K1000 and Jaesun like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I like the loot box, but the scrolling isn't good.
    May be it could extend automatically depending on amount of items? :)
    By the way: using a resolution of 2555x1404 ...
    Unfortunately this has nothing to do with the scroll bar :(

K1000 and Feeyo like this.
  4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I agree, I also have a high resolution and the "first" time I had to extend the loot window for it to be good. Not that big of a problem, but I do agree that it should maybe expand automatically.
    I do understand @Alley Oop his post about not being to good on lower resolutions.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think a fundamental problem is that most screens these days are wide aspect ratio, so vertical space is much more precious. This would be pretty bad even on a 1080p screen with treasure chest loot.

If nothing else, there is too much of a gap between each line. Just tightening that up would improve the layout. This is similar to the problem with the crafting table recipes taking up too much space.

K1000, Chatele, Feeyo and 3 others like this.
  6. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

I'm a fan of this new loot box direction. I wasn't a fan at first because it happened to be stretched horizontally across my screen by default. Lots of unused space. Please try to set a visually pleasing default for all users.

After adjusting it for minimum horizontal, I feel like the items found have much more emphasis now that their icons have been enlarged. It's like Bag Mode and List Mode are fusing! :D

K1000 likes this.
  7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah I hate this new design. This makes it harder to find the information you want when you stack it like that, and I liked the way the old ones were organized into columns/rows. Could we at least get an option to have borders and the old interface back? I honestly don't care what the UI looks like, as long as I can read it and see the edges of individual windows so I can drag/resize them.

8. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Why not removing the line with weight and height and reduce the margin between the items. The weight, height and durabilty can be shown on mouse over.
    What was wrong with the current/old loot container window?

Sorthious likes this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, I'm not sure on this new loot window. I find it harder to actually see what I've gotten, not easier. Love most of the changes this release, but that loot window irks me in inexplicable ways.

[​IMG]

I think the bothersome element is having the wt/val appear kinda...sort of centered but not really and the text is offset. I found the previous iteration (and how items are listed in inventory for example) to be clearer. I don't really need to see weight and value in the loot window. I'd be happy enough with the increased icon size I think, but the extra info is bothersome, and the faded/gray font and different font sizes just....seem random and untidy to me. I duno. I have the same sort of reaction to the new 'guild window'. I think the extra information is fine, I just find the presentation uncomfortable.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Sorthious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.