Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New movement/targeting system !

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Spinok, Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you like the new movement/targeting system

1. yes

2. no

3. undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Genereally new targeting system is really bad for me, its uncomfortable.
    Targeting system in R28 was great it was not limit "freedom" of the player as we can see in R29.
    In R28 i can look in one side and interact with the world in the other side in the combat mode, its not possible/or much harder now.
    Target which is always on screen is REALLY ANNOYING, i`m not pilot of F16, why its need it to be here always?

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It is currently still a work in progress. The more specific details on the feed back is the better at this point.

3. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Im sure there was mention of Being able to fade out the Reticle so it dissapears from your Screen, i think its the ''Reticle strength option in the Options menu.. Not sure

4. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

and honestly.. i dont mind The new targeting, in all honesty its not that different from how i played in r28, Not having to press the Right click to move camera is a big change for me, Since when i press and hold it, It Sort of Steadies my Mouse so when i press buttons on it, it doesnt move, Where as now, When i press a button, the mouse tends to move about my desk

5. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Really? I would of thought with all that forearm strength in the right arm it wouldn't be a problem?:D:D

Osiris3, Cordelayne and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I'm built like Popeye!

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I think that it is ok.
    But there are a few things that bother me:

1. The crosshair doesn't look good, it should be more subtle. But I am sure that it is only a placeholder.
    2. The character doesn't move with the crosshair. I move the mouse and and the character doesn't directly look at the crosshair, which is somehow odd. He looks somehow beside it...
    3. If I don't loot everything from an enemy, I am stuck in interaction mode and have to press TAB to return to "normal" mode. Only when I loot a corpse fully with no items left then I am automatically back in the regular mode.
    4. Sometimes it is hard to interact with items. I was in a small hut with a letter and a key lying on a table. I couldn't take them as they were not shown as interactive items. I had to switch to interactive mode, which is annoying.
    5. Sometimes items are taken by clicking on them, sometimes they are used - letters for example. How do I know when an item is taken and when it is used? And do I really have to switch to interactive mode if I want to take a usable item?

Also I have a question about this control scheme. IF we at one day get the option to move items around, how will this work in this mode? Will we always have to switch to interactive mode for this? I hope not, this would be annoying.

I think it would be good to let us move items be clicking on them and holding the mouse button. Pressing and holding the left mouse button for more than a second while the crosshair is on an item could bring up the cursor so that we could move items to our inventory without having to switch to interactive mode manually. This way we could also move items around when we at one point in the future hopefully get this option in the game.

Moiseyev Trueden and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  8. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

I think I heard ALT + click would take items.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  9. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I love the combat aspect of it. I wanted to say that the reticle being way over my head makes me look down when i need to interact with an object. I'd love to shoot/interact with what's in front of my character's head, not with what's in front of a point that stands a meter over my character.

I'm not very fond of the reticle either, maybe we could use a different reference to know where our character is looking? one that actually points out where our character is looking? :D

I can't say it enough, i love current state of combat. This is looking very good!

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Okay Guys, If you go into Video options, theres an option called ''Reticle Strength'', Turn that right down and Voila.. no more reticle! :)

Ariella and Chatele like this.
  11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

12. RF Lord Marshall

RF Lord Marshall Avatar

This is really bad... I have no words... Why loseing time in producing this new ControlSystem... when there are so many other Points to do?

I can't understand this

EDIT:
    I hate this way of targeting

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Because a lot of us felt combat was still lacking, and sooner the better for such a change... and there you go :)

14. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

45 mins into the game...

Dizzy, nauseates, frustrated, angry, feel like I am going to puke.

have cursed the game numerous of time's
    had to rebind my push to talk keys cause if I talked that key would stop me walking
    hand hurts and is cramping from trying to use a w s d keys
    was unable to use any of my glyph s to attack due to the screen whirling around
    damn near died from fighting a skeleton cause i could not key my gun sights on him.
    (why do we have gun sights and no guns)
    the camera moves so fast every time I walk I have to close my eyes

In the end if this doesn't get any better or changes some how back to something close to what we had this game has become unplayable for me and my daughter. my son can still play as he is used to using wasd keys but he probably wont play either due to both of us not playing and his stomach is much worse than mine.

Osiris3, Leostemplar, Sophi and 13 others like this.
  15. agra

agra Avatar

Had to turn off the mouselook and auto mouselook when entering combat, but it's pretty terrible. I can't hit anything at a distance, even when it's lined up, it misses. Monsters constantly move now, so missing is pretty much guaranteed.

Totally as bad as I expected, and would rather have what we had before. Also, there's no longer any indication auto attack is actually attacking. At least before we had that.

Not a fan, so far.

I mean, if it's a design goal that players ignore ranged combat and just use melee? Ok, mission accomplished, that's what I'll do. I'll just run into fights. Seems silly, though.

Osiris3, Bluefire, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  16. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Hmmm... I didn't have any problems with ranged combat. Actually I thought that it was much more fun than before.

Leostorm likes this.
  17. Cherico

Cherico Avatar

An option so select between the "classic" and the "new" movement-style would be nice (an option, where we can select a permanent change, not a button to "release" the coursor for a short time). I'm also not a friend of that kind of movement and targeting. For a shooter, yes, of course, but in an MMORPG i like the "classic" verison more ;)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think 1 hour into the game is not long enough to decide, and before I vote or judge, I'll be taking my time to test all aspects of combat and how it is affected from this change.. I think we should all try to play longer than an hour or three before we do a knee-jerk post... but that's only my opinion. :)

Cally and cariac like this.
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Can you define "a lot of us"?

I'm in a fairly large guild and many of us tested this out on QA and the majority of us DO NOT like the change and don't know why there was a need to change the old way.

Sure, things like shooting an arrow behind you was obviously something that needed to be fixed but most that I've talked to prefer to have tab targeting over an FPS style reticle.

This doesn't make combat more enjoyable, it just makes it harder for people without twitch reflexes. Maybe some of the younger players who PVP will like this because not everyone can react as quickly and that somehow makes them "better" at PVP than some older folks or those with physical handicaps.

If you think PVP was non-existent before, wait til you see how many don't flag now because they can't get used to the new aiming system!

That said, I believe the Devs will find a way to accommodate both styles at some point and give us a choice. It may take a ton of feedback and a couple releases to get it to a point where everyone is happy. But I think they know it's in their best interest to try.

Osiris3, FrostII, Leelu and 5 others like this.
  20. Beli

Beli Avatar

I played for hours and hours on QA. I am not liking it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.