Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New movement/targeting system !

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Spinok, Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you like the new movement/targeting system

1. yes

2. no

3. undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

I haven't pvp'd for a few releases, mainly because I couldn't spend the time reaching a level needed to be competitive. But one of the problems I had with the the tab targeting, was the ease with which mages and archers could target me, 'hit tab and fire' guaranteeing a hit (dependant on stats), leaving no way for me to be able to dodge.
    My opinion - there needs to be a way to be able to select/highlight/cycle through targets, while retaining the need to aim

Moonshadow and Doctor like this.
  2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I changed my vote from un-decided to I like it... under patch 407 I think it is...

Moonshadow likes this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

@Chris

I like the way the new system is headed, but it still has problems. The one that concerns me the most is loss of player agency in selecting targets. Here are some quotes from another thread:

However...

Either the observed behaviour is not matching the intended behaviour, or a number of people are taking issue with the intended behaviour. The fact that it is not possible to select and lock on to a single enemy in a pack ensures that the enemies combined attack will not diminish anywhere near as quickly as if you could.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  4. Womby

Womby Avatar

Here's a thought: If the damage delivered by each enemy's attack was multiplied by (current enemy health / max enemy health) then targeting a specific enemy would be less important.

(But not unimportant because presumably enemies heal over time, so it's still best to concentrate fire on a single enemy.)

Ideally I'd like to be able to (right or left, I don't care) click on an NPC with my mouse cursor to indicate that it is the highest priority target. (Note I said NPC - this would be bad for PVP).

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  5. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    I just prefer a non-FPS experience, personally. I don't want to see a crosshair over my toon's head. I don't want to have two broken user interfaces like Windows 8. The old ways are the best ways!

Osiris3 and Leostemplar like this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The patches for thsi release will be adressing a bunch of known targeting issues, among other things. It's still very buggy right now,a nd the onyl complaitns i've seen peopel actually go into detail about so far are people who are jsut used to the old systema nd hate the change, or people whoa re only complaining about the bugs witht he system atm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.