Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New NPC Dialog box

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Jonah Hayes, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonah Hayes

Jonah Hayes Avatar

First off: I like the general idea about the improvement.

However, it feels a bit tight. The chatbox cannot be enlarged and seems very small in height, making reading awkward.

The same goes for the chat options (the keywords). 4 next to eachother crammed down there just does not feel nice.

Also, now we have TWO windows we need to close of a merchant before we can continue onwards. That's a hassle. We cannot move while talking to one anymore either.

My suggestions:
    1. Make the size of the chat box changeable for players OR give it much more height.
    2. Place the chat options (the words) in a list on the right, with a slider.
    3. Find another mechanism of locking the player up in both trade and talk, instead having to close both windows.

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I like the new dialogue boxes, I think it will add a lot of clarity to questing. I do wish it didn't completely disable the other chat, though, that's kind of annoying if you're just trying to shop, for example.

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

I like the new boxes but,

There needs to be a settings icon so we can increase font size for some of us that like to play without our glasses on like in the existing chat boxes.

Need to be able to move the window around and have last location saved. There is no top frame on the box so it looks funny and that is perhaps why we cannot move it.

I suspect it is not fully finished as of build 440

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.