New old player

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by mattiaq, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattiaq

mattiaq Avatar

Hi all,

back in 2013 I supported the development of SOTA through Kickstarter (Edelmann level).
    Then I have lost track of its development until now.
    I have found the game linked to my steam account and I am willing to give it a try as it seems more polished and stable now.

I've just gone through the first introductory area (highvale outskirts) in offline mode, I'm now wondering what my kickstarter perks were and how to reclaim them. If I had received instructions they have been forgotten long ago.
    Is there any sort of customer service to whom I can ask this kickstarter related questions?

Aeryk likes this.
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

For offline mode, the closest bank to the outskirts is in Resolute next to the tavern.

Talk to the banker and click Claim Rewards in the bank box - this can be done in both online and offline modes.

Cordelayne, Jaesun and mattiaq like this.
  3. mattiaq

mattiaq Avatar

Thank you very much @discipleofweb!

Are the rewards shared between the offline and online mode?

Is this list of rewards still valid http://sotawiki.net/sota/Edelmann_(Founder)?
    Can I still have the land plot and the house? I am a bit confused by the expiration events that I have found mentioned somewhere.

Aeryk likes this.
  4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Welcome back @mattiaq :)
    You can claim all items in offline mode and also in online mode.

Only thing: No POT in offline mode.

mattiaq likes this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Offline mode is completely separate from online mode. If you claim rewards offline, you can still claim them again when you play in offline mode (same method - speaking to a banker and hitting "claim rewards").

You will still get the lot deed(s) and any houses that were affiliated with your pledge.

Try it, you will be very pleased with all the stuff you receive!

mattiaq likes this.
  6. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

mattiaq likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@mattiaq to simply clear up a question you seem to have, the "expiration" you might have seen, is "until when" you were able to pledge for this. What that means is up until that date you could upgrade your pledge further and further, but at some point pledges expired, so you were locked at that level, and then new types of bundles came up, entirely separate from those initial pledges.

Like others mentioned, claim rewards in the bank's window, and do it for both online and offline, they are two entirely separate modes having no impact on one another!

mattiaq and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yes, you should get a village place anywhere deed - look for stone markers for the village size plots- it will say For Sale in runic.

If you have the lot deed in your inventory, you can claim a lot by clicking on the stone marker.

After it is claimed you can change the house with the house deeds in your inventory.

mattiaq, Jaesun and Paladin Michael like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome! Hope to see you in the multiplayer side as well.

mattiaq likes this.
  10. mattiaq

mattiaq Avatar

Thank you all.
    It is now much clearer.
    I will go to the banker as soon as I reenter the game.:)

11. mattiaq

mattiaq Avatar

As soon as I'll have mastered how to play I will give a try to the multiplayer mode.

HokageFont and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Great! Let us know you're here, there is a ton going on (particularly on weekends) but it can be easily to have no idea that things are happening because of the instanced nature of the game. Watch the Looking for Group tool for event announcements (Alt-F). If you're near the S Mart Factorium I'll give you a tour, and have crafting jobs available most of the time.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @mattiaq to the game. Don't worry about mastering the game before you try multiplayer since there is a bit of a learning curve. The community in game and here is very helpful and if you send a whisper to any of us we can answer your questions in game too. I am only in game today and tomorrow since I'm leaving the state to visit my mom for a couple of months but I would be happy to answer questions in game anytime. My in game name is Majoria.

Jaesun likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi @mattiaq,

Hope you are having fun. If you are looking for a place to call home, try Storm's Reach. :) It is well connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.