New Player 10/17

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Zerbe, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zerbe

Zerbe Avatar

I have played through the entire adventure zone of Highvale Outskirts, gone to Resulute to hand in the amulet and explored the map some. That is just some background of where I am and how far into the game I have gotten I am currently on the free trial and have gotten multiple skills to 50, the max for trial accounts.

• Bugs
    I have not run into any bugs that I have affected my game play one a single visual bug where I had like a wisp of wind over my head wherever I went. I have run into a few places where I have gotten stuck but nothing the /stuck didn't fix.​
    • Improvement Suggestions
    Mounts? Maybe they are in the game or there are plans for them but I am so new I don't know. I would think they would be great for the overwold map for long travels, maybe also like a wagon to move large amounts of materials across the overowld without being encumbered. ​
    • Difficulties/Challenges
    Two difficulties the first was I had trouble figuring out how to pick up the Kobold mage Nach's book. I had to click and drag it instead of just activate it like the other items. The Geissler was also quite difficult and I understand that it was supposed to be and I did need to go buy some new armor and find a better weapon to defeat him. I enjoyed the challenge but I can see other players being frustrated. ​
    • Things you liked
    I really enjoy the combat and magic system so far, the towns feel populated with player houses but with room for me. I like that there are so many things for me to learn about the game, combat/crafting/building and so on.​

• Character Creation
    I thought character creation was great I really like the opening of the game with the avatar and becoming an outlander. My friend said that there could be more hair styles.​
    • Isle of Storms
    Great tutorial! I liked that we answered questions to find our path but then could choose whatever we wanted.​
    • Tutorial Scenes
      • Battle of Highvale (Courage/Fighter)
    I did the courage tutorial. I thought it was wonderful and straightforward. The environment and the characters were entertaining.​

2. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Hey there and welcome!

It is nice to see that your experience has overall been a pleasant one. Mounts are definitely something they want to bring in for Episode 2 things going well and when it comes to bugs, there are lot like any game but they are ALWAYS pushing out LOADS of fixes.

The questing system and other things are being worked on, same with the new player experience! It is good to see that things are working out for you! On the 26th October will be the next release with a bunch of updates,fixes and more so you will get to see what it is like at that point too! :D

If you ever need any help let us know!

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game @Zerbe. I'm Majoria in game if I can ever help you.

4. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Since you're in the Resolute area, if you see smoke coming from the chimneys at the S Mart Factorium (town right outside of Resolute) swing in and say hi!

And if you ever get stuck feel free to whisper me, I can often help.

6. BelGarian3

BelGarian3 Avatar

Welcome to SoTA! There are many options for you and things to do. You can ask me questions in game anytime. And make lots of friends. They can really make a difference.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Welcome to SOTA @Zerbe and great job on the feedback. Feel free to add Daxxe Diggler as a friend in game also if you have any questions.

8. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

Welcome to the SoTA family @Zerbe . Wait till you've explored some of the amazing Player owned towns. Lot's of lore, great design plus amazing points of interest to explore. Feel free to add me as a friend and give me a shout if ya wanna tour of a few of these amazing locations.

9. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

The game is now Free To Play @Zerbe . Welcome to SOTA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.