New Player (10-20 hours-ish (I lost track of time)) :)

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by moxiepilot, Dec 25, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

As far a we know there will be no more wipes. I don't know where you heard that. Some believe we should have a skill wipe only but I have not heard any news saying that will happen either and I don't think it will. I of course cannot be 100% on what happens at release, but peoples stuff won't be affected or wiped.

2. Wilthryth

Wilthryth Avatar

I remember reading it in a thread a few days ago, but honestly, it may have been an old thread and I just got muddled. TBH, I've avoided the forums for a few months because some posts were getting toxic and as a lurker rather than a poster I just couldn't take the arguing. If there's not going to be a wipe at launch (or between now and launch), you've just made my day! I know my opinion may seem selfish, but I just lack the time to make starting all over again appealing.
    Thank you for your reply.

majoria70 likes this.
  3. eli

eli Avatar

The things that stuck out to me are:
    - the map. When i first played the hidden vale, there was no reason for a map, but i still managed to get lost somehow. Then I came back after persistence and desperately needed a map but there wasn't one. This really limited my spatial understanding, and made me rely upon asking strangers where to go. Now there's a map which, by comparison, is amazing... but it is apparently still difficult for new players to navigate. I think what is actually needed more than map changes a waypoint system of some kind, which can help players find level-appropriate content.

- the immediate impression that the economy (housing) is rigged in the founders' favor. I know we can't go back on pledge rewards, and that port wants to capture the profit from housing demand instead of squander it to the player economy like UO did. The cost of a taxed deed and its taxes are extremely high (100x+) compared to UO (where you could buy a house deed for the gold looted from 20 dragons). The available lots are way out of the way where recalling to them is a burden. I think the best fixes here are better fast travel, and lower costs on rent and/or deeds.

- the futility of pvp for low level players- i could (and have) go on way too long about how to address this.. but i'll save my breath and just say it's encouraging to see new players rapidly coming to the same conclusion.

Elrond likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.