New Player around, Hello There Fellows!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Redock, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redock

Redock Avatar

Hello and greetings dear fellow Avatars,

my Name is Redock, Redock Fellshrine. Nice to meet you.

I have been playing MMOs almost since i saw Meridian59 at my older Cousins Computer and wait even before that i saw some very old and simple RPG on my brothers Commodore C64.. But.. lets stick to the last years, shall we?

I played some of the old Ultima Versions and Ultima Online for quite some time, followed my rougly 5 years of good old Dark Age of Camelot.

Then I have been Playing Wurm Online for the last few many Years in different intensity. Some time periods just on and off, some really NoLife™ and addicted. I totally fell in Love with the Sandbox Open World concept
    of freedom, grinding for yourself AND playing, enjoying and trading with the community.

Im a 34 Year old Male, German living in Austria with a normal dayjob. So i will not be around 24/7. Still i want to spend some of my freetime hours roaming the virtual worlds again.

And that is where i "accidently" stumbled over SotA roaming youtube for "New Sandbox MMOs" or something alike.

I am fully aware of the countless "dont waste your time" and "please dont invest any mony or time in this" posts everywhere on reddit and steam... But as an old DAoC and Wurm Online Player, i am not so much heading for the fancy smancy graphics, i am looking for depth and complexity and possibilities!

So, i would like to ask for some contacts be it Ingame or Sykpe or Discord. (not sure how you ppl communicate mostly)

Not begging for a penny here, more of asking for friends to guide me a little into the game, give some tips where to hunt, what to prioritize on at the beginnings for a smooth start and so on.
    Mind i am an MMO and Sandbox OldFart but toootally new to SotA and.. tho i am a Youtube-pirate and like to watch tutorials and letsplays.. Its prolly really hard to condense a fair intro to the game with hints and directions until one can progress on its own i guess.

Ingame: Redock Fellshrine
    Discord: Redock#7172
    Steam: Redock (account name: crypticx_2016)

Thank you and may you enjoy your Journey and always explore something new

Redock Fellshrine

(speaking german and english)

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome! I'll add you in game. I am open for questions whenever I'm in.

If you use Steam there's a guide I wrote in there about making gold in game. It will help you not be poor for so long.

It's a wide and wonderous world. Today's adventure for myself and friends included adventuring, a dance party, and band practice. Now I'm on QA trying to nail down a bug. There's always plenty to do. Don't get frustrated, if you need something ask, if you get tired, try something else out.

Coffee Pirate and Alioth like this.
  3. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Coffee Pirate likes this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Redock, Please add me to friends list. My In game name is same as here Warrior B'Patrick. So for us to help it would be nice to know what path you are on and how you plan to play, armor and weapons. As for areas to explore this guide was a big help to me:

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Scene_Difficulty

If you want to see your level press c for your character sheet and point to your name. Feel free to message me any time.

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Welcome @Redock and I hope you enjoy your travels and adventures in New Britannia... ^_^

6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Jaesun likes this.
  7. stile

stile Avatar

We Bid Ye Welcome!

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game @Redock. I'm Majoria in game if I can help. Teamspeak is used quite a lot in game especially in guilds. Make sure you customize your chat window. I have two pulled out. You can pull a tab out and resize then click on the blue gear to add conversation things only like whisper, local, and zone let's you say hello to the zone you are in. More players are on the Novia map and I try at times to just say a hello to the zone and play some songs. And many players don't know to unclutter a chat window to better hear what might be being said to you. No need to miss anything. ;)

We have looking for group located under the alt f as mentioned. I agree the more who remember to use it the more connected the world will feel. I joined in a party of 1 tonight with a friend I was adventuring with to kill a mini boss named xavara. So then we had a party of 3;). She is a mini boss needed for a quest gotten from desolis for your fire elemental I believe.

9. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Gruß dich @Redock ! Ich bin Bodhbh Dearg in-game (Bodhbh Dearg#1701 in Discord), und lebe in Port Phoenix (und auch in Die Niederlande :p ). Wilkommen in Novia!

Wann du Hilfe brauchst, könntest du immer ein Hospitaller fragen! Die Hospitaller sind Freiwilliger die da sind um neue Spieler zu begleiten! Es ist einfach Hospitaller zu erkennen anhand des Titels auf ihrer Namensschilder!

Ich wunsch dir viel Spaß, und sag mal "Grüß Gott" in game! ;)

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  10. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Welcome @Redock ! Nice to meet you, if you need help, do not hesitate to contact me on forum, in game (Antrax Artek) or discord (Antrax#1555).

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

@Redock Welcome. Myself and my guild are more than happy to help and hang out etc (we are mainly European based). Feel free to message me here or via the DoD website.

12. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Hi Redock and welcome to SotA. I just sent you a friend request ingame. Feel free to ask me if you have questions, or if you want a healer to follow you around for a bit while adventuring.

Enjoy the game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.