New player crafter woes

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Mingo Ebonmark, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

As a new player dabbling in crafting I find it difficult and frustrating locating recipes. Not knowing where some basic recipes can be located is the problem.

I would love to be able to have some dialogue with the crafting trainers and, for example, be able to enquire about "carpentry" and then get a response like... "There is a carpenter in Bramble village".

The next problem I found is that the world is too large and blocked off to peddle my wares, I don't mind shouting in zones to sell goods but everyone is so spread out. Which leads me onto the public vendor that allow people to list 10 items for sale. This is fine but because they are only local and not connected globally I don't get the satisfaction of reaching a wide audience of customers because everyone is spread out; and finding customers is the main satisfaction I get from crafting!

As a suggestion I would love to see the public vendor's stock connected globally so we can browse everyone's wares from all over the world, max 10 items would still be fine. The goods would have the location that they are located in i.e. Ardoris City. If you are not at the Ardoris city public vendor then purchasing the item will have a 20% markup and will be delivered to your mail box in 3 game days. If you travel to Ardoris and purchase it from the city's public vendor then it would work as it normally does.

Thanks for reading!

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I do understand your frustrations really. I don't think there will be a global situation happen. We do have shopping mall type towns. Most of These get lots of traffic. To join a town like this posting here is the first step.

Not sure if you did the quest lines to get your row deed yet or if you already have a lot deed but you can use that to place in a trade town if that is what you are interested in. Someone can advise how to get you situated in a trade town.

You don't have to use the local vendors if you don't want I mentioned on another thread anyone living in Wizards Rest gets added to share use of a commission free vendor. I'll be back in game on the 23rd and I'll be happy to share recipes.

Not sure if you know this but any recipes in our recipe book that are marked teachable and re-teachable are tradeable from our trade Window by opening the recipe book accessed by the b key and opening a trade window and dragging the recipe icon to the trade window one at a time. It does take awhile especially trading with me since I'VE been here awhile but I'm happy to share. Anyway this saves you tons of gold and gets you a great amount of recipes to putter around with.

I also offer free rooms if you don't have a place to stay. I'm Majoria in game well next week I'll be in game. Also we have a market place here on the forums to list things for sale .

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  3. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

entropia universe has its auction houses set up like this for the different planets and it was with in the last 2-3 years they finally gave in and set it up. the econ was much better on the smaller planets because of it last time I played.

a way to handle this would to be have a tab to switch between the different locations on the vendor that would switch between the inventories rather than have them all open all of the time. that should reduce the load on calling all that data.

there needs to be more compromise between the pure immersion and the fun and ease of use than what we have now.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Gorthyn like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

5. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Probably a good idea. Something for @Chris or another dev to look into perhaps :D

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, directions would be nice. Also, don't forget you can learn about 250 recipes on your own for free. Can someone paste the link to retractable recipes please? I'm on my phone.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Oh, and as for world connection, in about two weeks it's going to get a lot more connected since control points won't be blocking travel. I think this will have a couple effects, one being people running around to the PVs more, (no teleport scroll required) and another being we see a lot more people on the map!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.