Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Player Experience - Broken Quest System

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by torpSPOT, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torpSPOT

torpSPOT Avatar

Hello,

As a newer player (bought the game last week), I thought I would take some time to play the game in anticipation of the upcoming launch. I've had a great time, the world is rich and full of areas to explore.

However, as someone who rarely posts on forums I feel as though it's important to relay to you fine folks the frustration I've experienced in attempting to quest and explore this beautiful world. For brevity's sake: the questing system seems broken. Long and complex quest chains get walled off, where the chains stop due to your journal failing to update after conversing with the NPC the quest specifies. These aren't isolated incidents, this has happened to me repeatedly, and it's doubly frustrating after you stop working on one quest after encountering this type of bug to then work on another quest (sometimes for an hour or two plus) and it happen again.

I am happy to provide more context should this post warrant a response. Felt as though this should be conveyed to you through the eyes of a newer player.

Thanks for reading!

Best,

M

Raven Swiftbow likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@torpSPOT thanks for posting, but it would help the devs alot if you posted each conversation which didn't update your quest with the /bug in chat and paste the contents here

since that is not possible anymore for your past quests it may help to give more infos about the quests and when they "broke"- like which NPC in which town and what were the keywords you used etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.